Santi very slow to deliver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

galodoido

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I was about ready to order a Santi drysuit and excited about trying out the suit, but I hear it is taking 3-4 months for them to deliver?

I understand it takes a while for custom-made drysuits but is it really that long?

Moin Ahcalde

I recently had contact with someone who sells Santi suits.

As far as I can tell, there are problems on the raw materials market at the moment. Due to Corona and the redirection of production capacities to important goods (protective suits, gloves, masks) the delivery times for some goods are very long (I have to wait almost 12 months for my new VW bus because they have too few computer chips). I can imagine that at the moment it is not easy to get neoprene and trilaminate raw materials on the market with corresponding delivery times. Bigger players who have a bigger influence can spit in the soup (I have experienced this already before corona at my last employer who imported and sold protective equipment).

In addition, the other problem is that Santi is very much in demand, the production capacity must be built up sustainably to avoid overcapacity.

I hope I could help you :)

Greetings from Switzerland
Pareto

I'm waiting many extra months for some big brand name boots and hoods for the kids... sales rep for the company told the LDS its a zipper and material shortage again because of PPE production diversion and general shutdowns due to capacity restrictions.

There are currently shortages for all sorts of materials. Add in the global shipping issues…

Even before the Corona Santi suits had a 2-3 month wait time. Well worth it in my opinion, you wait but in the end you get what you paid for.

I ordered a Santi suit in the early fall last year end of September. It was a little over 13 weeks as I recall to get it shipped in to the US. They ship from Poland to FL, then to the shop I ordered through, then to me. All that to say 3-4 months seems like the typical lead time

10 weeks and waiting...

or is it 12...

Seaskin also make good suits, price performance seems to be good.
Santi just has the cooler brand :)

For my Rofos I also had to wait two months....

Therefore, the trend goes with me to the second dry suit, I have no desire to wait several months in case of damage. My next suit is probably a Santi.

Greetings from Switzerland
Pareto

Back
Top Bottom