0.6 cuft tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, we may not be metric yet, but we are inching our way towards it.:D

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

I do feel your pain, its taken me years to become mostly bi-lingual.

I can do the big stuff in metric now but still use thou and tenths for fine tolerance stuff! (engineering background)

Who bought that POS computer?:crafty:

Output probably makes a lot more sense in EU and presented in liters.

Yes it does. But I would expect that if I use imperial measures that computer would display what is conventional here. The issue is not with the computer but with MyUEMIS display. Computer is OK as far as I've checked.

Have you done the firmware update yet?? Current version is V1.12

I think as it comes out the box may not be bang up to date on firmware.

Make sure the SDA has cleared saturation before trying the update.

Yes it does. But I would expect that if I use imperial measures that computer would display what is conventional here. The issue is not with the computer but with MyUEMIS display. Computer is OK as far as I've checked.

Well, they did make the units conversion. The problem was not really the units but the fact that we just don't think of our tank sizes in terms of empty volume, although it does seem to have a few advantages. (If you are into bars anyway otherwise you get a headache trying to divide PSI by 14.7.) What is it you think it should have displayed? I'll bet it would be a fairly simple algorithm change if the USA market really demands that much attention.

Have you done the firmware update yet?? Current version is V1.12

I think as it comes out the box may not be bang up to date on firmware.

Make sure the SDA has cleared saturation before trying the update.

?? it is MyUEMIS not the computer issue :) yes I am on the latest firmware.

Well, they did make the units conversion. The problem was not really the units but the fact that we just don't think of our tank sizes in terms of empty volume, although it does seem to have a few advantages. (If you are into bars anyway otherwise you get a headache trying to divide PSI by 14.7.) What is it you think it should have displayed? I'll bet it would be a fairly simple algorithm change if the USA market really demands that much attention.

I think that one should be able to enter working pressure (3442 psi in this case) and tank size (119 cuft) as for example my Suunto program for D9 does.

Hmmm... I dive doubles and they come up as pretty much double your .6 cuft tank. So whatever it is it's a consistent number :) I'll do a screengrab and pass it on...

Everything else is correct further on (as in my used gas, etc... when i scroll through the dive profile)

Hmmm... I dive doubles and they come up as pretty much double your .6 cuft tank. So whatever it is it's a consistent number :) I'll do a screengrab and pass it on...

Everything else is correct further on (as in my used gas, etc... when i scroll through the dive profile)

Yes it is. They assumed that in US tank sizes are using the same principle as in the RoW (volume of water it can hold). However in US it is measured (roughly) by number of cuft of air it can hold at nominal pressure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom