1 Flight question, 1 FIBR question, 1 food question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just thought that divers on scubaboard might be sympathetic to the ecology of the bay islands

just thought that divers on scubaboard might be sympathetic to the ecology of the bay islands

Cajuncru just saw a pun that he couldn't resist. That was a real groaner! :shocked2:

So what is lobster season? (We're talking spiny lobster, Panulirus something, not the North Atlantic lobster Homarus whatsit). Why is there a season? Are the lobsters (in season) local-trapped, or are they imported?

virtually all lobster consumed in honduras is locally caught. spiny lobster is out of season march 1st-june 1st, the numbers are still pretty healthy but with honduras' exports of lobster nearly doubling in the last two years (red lobster and costco are huge customers for honduran lobster and snapper), it's an attempt to keep the fishery sustainable. sadly like most laws in honduras, there is little enforcement. "poachers" are out everyday in order to keep the restaurants supplied for the next couple of months. it's the same with conch, there is a complete moratorium on queen conch in honduran waters but every restaurant is still serving it. imported lobster may be eaten at this time of year but if you think any lobsters are imported into honduras you may be interested in a bridge in brooklyn i've got for sale.

I'm there first week of July. My spouse & child are sensitive or allergic to crustaceans, so they won't choose lobsters if offered (or shrimp). I can consume lobster after June 1?

Conch is 'avoid at any time of year'?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom