100 HP or 130 HP for single diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FWIW, I use an Eclipse30 whether I am diving a single HP100 or and single HP130 tank. I also don't bother changing my weighting if going from one tank to the other. Buoyancy characteristics of the two tanks are not substantially different.
XS Scuba Worthington Steel Cylinder Specifications

You definitely need to get in the water and do your own weight check. Good luck!

Just wanted to give you guys an update. I'm working with my Essentials instructor that has kindly set up time via PM's to construct best case scenerios for my profile of diving and how to improve my sac rate.

I dove my 100 hp tanks at Ball Buster in Monterey on Dec 31st and we went down to 99 ft on air, I had to come back up because I ran out of RBT before my gas got low, so I was more calmer and swimming more in horizonatal trim and doing my frog kick, all this really helps out.

On a brighter note I got to see my first Giant Pacific Octopus in a crevice about 9 feet above the base of the pinnacle. Chuck Tribolet was diving his Boston Whaler that day, same location and he went back the following day after we gave him the some what location of the GPO, and he found it. :)

That guy was massive, I saw the size of his suction cups, they were impressive as they were a little intimidating....

MG

Giant Pacific Octo's...sweet. I still remember u almost getting torpedo'd by a jelly when we were diving. I'm thinking that between that, and the otter flyby, and now the octo sighting, you might be lucky for creature finding.

Peace,
Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom