100% Obsessed For Life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Raacerx

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi. Just found these boards as I am looking to find my next dive trip and to potentially meet some people who share the same obsession.

Relatively new diver, only got 8 "proper" dives, currently getting Advanced Open Water certified (slowly).

Just got back from Providenciales in Turks and Caicos last month and that is what sealed the deal for me. Was just mind blowing, especially all the awesome sharks. Did Jamaica last year and Cozumel a few years before that. I plan to make a few trips a year to the Caribbean with some California diving (Catalina, etc) as well. Not terribly stoked on the idea of Monterey Bay, even though I lived in Santa Cruz for 8 years. All my friends who dive down there say the sea lions are bastards.

Right now trying to plan a trip in late January, early February, to the following places (yes, odd mix)

* Bonaire (#1 choice, looks epic)
* Caymans (#2 choice, looks amazing as well)
* Back to Turks and Caicos, I only scratch the surface
* Key West (it is super cheap and easy, but sounds like the water is a bit cool)
* Long Island Bahamas
* Cancun (super cheap)

Quick info on me; 28 years old, engineering and product development in the automotive racing industry, ex-pro cyclist, love anything that gets my blood moving, and a total food snob.

PS. I love diving because it gets my heart going more then hitting 150mph down the main straight at Laguna Seca Raceway in my race car. I am now selling one of my cars to pay for dive equipment! Priorities!

Welcome to the 'Board'....Your 'support' group and guide to the 'under world' ......;P !!!!!!

Awesome! I've dove with sharks locally - dogfish, tiny little sharks 2-3ft long, but still. I would love to dive with larger sharks, maybe in the tropics.

I heard Bonaire is great for shore diving, if you are comfortable diving independently (with a buddy, of course) and driving around, doing your own dives.

Back
Top Bottom