1030SW screen stopped working

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catra8104

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Took the new camera out on a 24' dive today.. Did great at first, then the screen stopped working... Just black.. Turned off & on multiple times and the card access light would flash a few times, the lens cover would drop down as it should, but no screen, so left it off.. On the surface and after rinsing still no go.. No water in the battery/card or download areas...

Got up this AM & it works.. Any ideas???

I'd recharge the battery, maybe turn the camera on and run it down, recharge again and see how it works. You can also call Olympus and get help, 1-800-O-CAMERA.

Jack

I don't think I pushed the wrong button, but in the water who knows.. I gave up after turning off & on several times while under, then tried again when I got home & had rinsed it out.. Also put it in review mode...

I recharged the battery, I had just charged it so it only took a few min... Haven't let it run down, but yesterday morning everything seemed to be working well...

Thanks for the Olympus #.. Will call today...

Read the manual... Battery was fully charged.. The night before I went diving I charged it just to make sure... Blinking light was the card access light and blinks whenever the camera is turned on.. Low battery is a screen icon which flashes, as far as I know that's the only low battery indicator...

I'll call Olympus today & see what's up...

Thanks everyone for the suggestions... It's just wierd...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom