10lb. Challenge #3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe for Challenge #4 what we can do is set the time frame for 1 month. At the end of the month whoever lost the biggest percentage wins that challenge. Just something to think about, we have time.

LindaBluedolphin:
Maybe for Challenge #4 what we can do is set the time frame for 1 month. At the end of the month whoever lost the biggest percentage wins that challenge. Just something to think about, we have time.
Whenever there's a challenge at my gym, the men always win because they lose faster. Last summer, I lost 13lbs and some guy lost 17. Not fair. I think Linda's way is fairer. They do suggest that contest in the gym but the owner never listens. :shakehead

I think percentage is the way to go, not # of pounds - thats how The Biggest Loser does it. :)

BTW - men by nature are competitive and thrive on being able to compete to be the Alpha... though some by nature are Omega's :D

LindaBluedolphin:
Nothing is stopping you from setting up your own challenge the way you want.

All you have to do is post the thread :D

CoolTech:
Nothing is stopping you from setting up your own challenge the way you want.

All you have to do is post the thread :D

I just want consensus if anyone is interested 10# at a time works too, I am not trying to compete with anyone or try to change the way things are done, just asking what people think. I sort of think of all of us as a team providing support for each other. It was just an idea I threw out there based on some forum comments. :D

NWGratefulDiver:
Eating the stuff you like isn't so bad ... you just have to be careful not to do it too often. Me, I'm a pizzaholic. I could eat pizza every night. Since deciding to cut back, however, I "save" it for occasions. I still get my pizza fix ... just not as often as I used to.

To my concern, God made us with one major design flaw. He should've given us two stomachs ... one for nutrition and one purely for pleasure.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I agree Bob. As I thought about literally ravishing my dinner last night... I didn't have a huge amount to eat... but it was gone in like... 2 seconds! LOL It seemed to be an open mouth, insert plate kinda dinner! LOL

I like the 2 stomach idea! The pleasure stomach needs a "dump valve" so after we've "tasted" the sin, we can quickly get rid of it! LOL

LindaBluedolphin:
I just want consensus if no one is interested 10# at a time works too, I am not trying to compete with anyone or try to change the way things are done, just asking what people think. I sort of think of all of us as a team providing support for each other. It was just an idea I threw out there based on some forum comments. :D

I'm game either way. I'm doing the Biggest Loser with some girls from work... and that is based on percentage, and the winner is announced in June. I'm doing the 10# thing on SB.

Makes no difference to me... as long as it keeps me motivated. :wink:

Originally Posted by NWGratefulDiver
Eating the stuff you like isn't so bad ... you just have to be careful not to do it too often.
even hubbys trainer says chips, burgers or pizza every now and then is fine... it was when we were having this a few times per week that the lbs started piling on

moderation im told... but me having NO control whatsoever its best i just dont

almitywife:
moderation im told... but me having NO control whatsoever its best i just dont

Don't feel bad. I'm in your boat! I have absolutely NO control... so I'm better off forcing myself to bypass the sin food. Even if I can control myself for say a "bad meal or two", I have had the "taste" again... and that will give me the terrible, uncontrollable cravings that I will ultimately give into.

I do agree with what Bob was saying though.

Like I mentioned in another thread, I'm doing the Biggest Loser at work. But... we have a couple docs, and even a few nurses that constantly bring in big bags chocolate candy, cakes, crackers with dips, chips and salsa, etc, etc. It's such sabotage! But, the last few days at work, I avoided ALL of it... and didn't order out when I had the chance! That was a BIG accomplishment.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom