11/28/16 Trip. And I think my video editing is improving. :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freeshafting gags is fun! Nice.

Indeed. And very challenging. They are so skittish.

Actually they are pretty smart and quite curious. If conditions are just perfect, they will come up to you .. but screw up and wound one and lose it and the party is pretty much over. Stalking gags is a lot different than shooting hogs..

The small ones check me out, but anything legal and they typically book it as soon as they see me. I suspect that's why they're not small. Lol.

I've tried to freeze, not look at them, hold my breath, doesn't matter, they turn tail... Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but normally I have to hunt them down. Definitely not like shooting hogs.

Very good shot placement James !! Nice Vid too!!

The small ones check me out, but anything legal and they typically book it as soon as they see me. I suspect that's why they're not small. Lol.

I've tried to freeze, not look at them, hold my breath, doesn't matter, they turn tail... Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but normally I have to hunt them down. Definitely not like shooting hogs.

I certainly have not got it figured out, but one thing I try to do is avoid loading the bands fast (or doing anything fast) in front of a gag. Generally, I will turn my back on the fish (if it is watching) and load when facing away. If they see you slam the band back, it may be the final straw and they take off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom