$#%# &$&$^$*!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks guys, hopfully I'll get my butt back in the water soon....I'm drying out in a bad way.

Isn't posession of stolen property a crime? It's a serious one here and when the "borrower" is facing that charge he usually talks freely about who he "borrowed" the property from.

I've been ripped off too, MM but never to that degree. It's a sick feeling that takes a while to go away.

I really hope local law enforcement manages to do right by you...SOON. As a diver coming to Hawaii later this month I appreciate your post and consider myself cautioned.

Thanks & good luck!

Da Braddas no get busted by der couzins. They all stick together in a big way.

Agreed Al, and it's not just law enforcement, it's in every aspect of government here, as well as many of the private industries. For years certain types of businesses were simply not able to get a license for operation (one I knew of was for mobile "lunch trucks") unless you were related to someone in the office or had a friend that was - otherwise you simply were forbidden to do business, which is a big reason why many types of specialized businesses over here are all seemingly run by a single ethnic group (which varies).

Aloha, Tim

I know I can't get a new permit for a dive boat there. Have to buy out an existing one so you know what that did to prices.

[hijack] after all, you don't want to stimulate business too much... might make people think they could actually suceed by running a smart business instead of a protected one :wink: Then politicians complain about how businesses don't want to move to Hawaii!
[/hijack]

sorry MM - off topic... we now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion as I sulk off to the whine & cheeze forum :wink:

Tim

HAHA no it's ok, sorry I havn't been around much. I've been playing Army out in the woods.....and boy I smell bad.

MM, et al,

My wife and I dive E Beach all the time, with and without students. So far we haven't been broken into (knock on wood), but we've seen plenty of poor violated bast***s out there that have. We always tell our students not to leave anything in the cars... and then we hide two cell phones and whatever else in the car. We were there on 4 July, got all geared up and were on the verge of locking the truck and going down to the beach for the dive when we looked around the parking lot and realized we were the ONLY divers there and there were hookers, druggies and other riff raff practically circling the truck (to our paranoid haole minds) waithing for us to get in the water. We thumbed it and found a new site further up the coast.

Thanks for sharing your story. I now plan to go home and clean out our dive vehicle of anything that can lead back to our home. I think I'll risk a hard time from a cop in a traffic stop for not having registration and proof of insurance as opposed to letting some thief rob my hose too.

For those of you that keep dive logs, recommend not taking them with you to dive sites. We learned this lesson from a friend of ours whos car was broken into and her detailed log was stolen, along with her C cards. Take a few blank pages to fill in and have your buddy sign.

Small glimmer of sunshine, we know someone who's car was broken into and a homeless guy came forward and named names... well, at least gave detailed description.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom