$#%# &$&$^$*!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverBAS:
... clean out our dive vehicle of anything that can lead back to our home. I think I'll risk a hard time from a cop in a traffic stop for not having registration and proof of insurance as opposed to letting some thief rob my hose too. ...

I bring along only the essentials (license, one credit card, lunch money, registration, insurance) and take those into the water with me. It's secure and, if I had a really bad day, it makes it easier to ID the corpse :11: . Paper cards can be waterproofed with stick'em laminate sheets (Fisher Hawaii) or sandwiching with plain clear packing tape. Small Otter and Pelican boxes hold up well enough to 60ft but often leak a few drops; using an additional ziplock works good. I leave my phone in the car; it's on the crummiest plan that can only make local calls and there's nothing stored in it -- if I need features, I'll grab my wife's phone. I'll either tuck the stuff inside my wetsuit, usually in the small of my back, or put it in a little zipped pouch that's then tied to my BC and tucked inside; if freediving, I sometimes just tie it in a goody-bag and secure that on the float or floatline.

Wow. That level of vigilance is so far beyond what I am capable of that I am speechless. I am lucky to have that stuff in the car when I am pulled over. And when I do, I am really proud of myself.

sorry so late on this one, and to take you folks back a bit, I have about 137 dives and about fifty of them at china walls/portlock. It is a great dive and not a bad one, but it is important you do go with someone who knows how to get out. The exit is catching a wave out onto the wall. The best way is to take your gear off in the water, and hand it off to the first person out. It is not extremely difficult but still can be a little scary if you have never done something like that before. It is also important to know the tides there, you go at the wrong time and you will hate yourself on the way out.

Huh? How is that related to the thread?

Joe

Sideband:
Huh? How is that related to the thread?

Joe
sorry about that, i was replying to a post in another thread that had connected by linkage to the thread i did post in, anyways i do apologize

jj

Lol. I was really lost for a second. Everyone was feeling bad about the guy getting robbed and then an impromptu trip report. :wink:

Joe

Sideband:
Lol. I was really lost for a second. Everyone was feeling bad about the guy getting robbed and then an impromptu trip report. :wink:

Joe
its really funny because the thread i was posting to was talking about a possible accident in the area I was writing that got hijacked into a cars getting jacked while diving thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom