12-40 in PT-EP13 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nachbs

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have been checking the Olympus housing PT-EP13 and apparently, in their compatibility chart, the wonderful 12-40 f2.8 is not included. However, as per the dimensions, it should fit without problems.

Does anyone know whether it is possible to use the 12-40pro with EP13 housing?

Thank!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would like to know also

Apparently, the lens fits in the housing. However, it does not have electronic zoom and the zoom gear does nit; effectively becoming a fixed lens when underwater...

I wonder how they sell only zoom gear for the 12-44 (and for 60 usd). It could be easily 3D printed...

Best!

So, you say that the 12-40 should be able to be in the house/port. I guess you mean when the 12-40mm lens is not extended, when set to 18mm? When you adjust the lens to 12mm it gets a little longer, but when zoomed to 40mm it is MUCH longer than the 60mm or the 12-50 or 14-42.. I strongly doubt it can be there when 40mm..

The problem is that it is too wide to fit in many ports. Zen make a 170mm dome but it only fits Nauticam Housings. The 7-14 won't fit either.

The best idea in that focal length for you would be the 8mm FE or 9-18mm. There are solutions from Zen that will fit them.

Jack

Jack, agreed. However, the same would happen with the 12-50 that is officially supported as per Olympus or am I missing something?

They figure you are shooting it as a more normal lens. It's smaller size fits a little better. The 12-40 is a much larger and dedicated wide angle lens.

Neither really fits the standard port well. If you want ot shoot better lenses then change to a more robust housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom