12 boys lost in flooded Thai cave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

View attachment 468228
This is how the BBC shows it being done.

I’m glad at least we agree on something. I posted the same exact picture you posted here (see my post 327) on page 33, on Saturday. Apparently BBC just copied CNN same picture and change the color. :D Even CNN picture may not be the original.

Anyway it is good to repeat the post for people who don’t want to bother reading all 50 pages and itch to share what (s)he learns from this accident.

I wish people would stop talking about Elon Musk and his "submarine" as if he single handily saved the kids lives. In my opinion he has no right to be injecting into this rescue operation or diverging the focus from the rescue operation onto himself. His "submarine" is not suitable for the cave. The spotlight should be on the actual rescuers and dive team who are risking there lives going down to get these kids.

He offered to help.

Last edited:
Dutch Media also reports the 5th one out! It is truly incredible how well this is going.

Dutch media also reported they were taking out the stronger kids first.

Dutch Media also reports the 5th one out! It is truly incredible how well this is going.

Dutch media also reported they were taking out the stronger kids first.

I thought they said they were taking the weakest first? Or is it that -today- they changed the order?

If 3 went to the hospital by helicopter and only 1 yesterday went by ambulance, that doesn't seem like a good omen if those were the strongest.

It's a miracle 5 have made it out safely. 8 to go.

At least CNN got labeling of the content of the boy’s tank right, back on Saturday (a couple days ago) when they posted this picture:

E6B40B63-68BB-4876-A51E-C0E99C5237D0.png

I thought they said they were taking the weakest first? Or is it that -today- they changed the order?

If 3 went to the hospital by helicopter and only 1 yesterday went by ambulance, that doesn't seem like a good omen if those were the strongest.

It's a miracle 5 have made it out safely. 8 to go.

Yeah there seems to be some confusion in the weak/strong first side of the story, but this info apperently has come from/been confirmed by thai marines.

View attachment 468228
This is how the BBC shows it being done.
I saw an illustration with Thai captions that showed the front diver basically bearhugging the kid. Can't find it now. But I was wondering how that would be possible--I've seen one of my neighbors do it with their teen but in reverse (teen had the octo and was hanging onto mom's tank). If the rescuers are bearhugging the teens, it seems like they'd have more control--at least until they got to constricted areas (as long as the teens were neutrally buoyant or just slightly overweighted).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom