130 high pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like 130s for long dives or deep dives. They give you tons of reserve gas. The downside is that they weigh about 50 lbs and are only about a pound negative when empty, so you are carting around quite a bit of weight on land, and they are a pain to get in and out of the truck, or to swap out on a dive boat.

Go alll in! I have a Faber 149.
Chug
Is kind of a show off at times.

I have two of them and love them for the longer deeper boat dives where I don't want to bother with a set of doubles. I usually only use them when I'm doing a scallop dive where it's usually a solo dive and I want to stay down as long as I can. If you don't mind the weight and need a ton of gas they are great tanks.

Just checking to see if I am correct or not,Worthington's 130 HP and Worthington's 108 LP are about the same size and weight. So, if I can handle the 108 LP without any trouble, the 130 hp shouldn't be any trouble?

Just checking to see if I am correct or not,Worthington's 130 HP and Worthington's 108 LP are about the same size and weight. So, if I can handle the 108 LP without any trouble, the 130 hp shouldn't be any trouble?
yes, that's correct. They are almost identical at their service pressures.

I calculated the filled weights of each by the Worthington Steel Cyl. Specs:

LP 108 @ rated + capacity, a pressure of 2640 psi: 54.7 Ibs
HP 130 @ service pressure 3442 psi: 53.6 Ibs
(This is assuming that 1 ft3 of air weighs 0.0807 Ibs. I mention this cause this figure is approximate and some may calculate using a more accurate number.)

Why do you mention LP108s? Is that what you have now and want more capacity at rated pressure?

What kind of diving are you going to be doing

In the past I used 108 Lp without any issues with weight or height of the cylinder. Yes, I do want more air capacity for deeper boat dives without going to doubles.
I will use the 130 HP for deeper boat dives in the Great Lakes and maybe for ice diving, so i will not have to switch out cylinder in the cold. My reasoning for going to 130 HP are two fold--I have a higher breathing rate on deeper clod water and when I am diving with my wife( very low SAC rate) like most women.

Back
Top Bottom