1987 Regulator Olympics by USN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where do you read the term Class A vs Class B??
I'm reading through the 2001 update to the ANU (Authorized for Navy Use) listing of scuba equipment, and I can't find that term.
I see Cat I thru Cat III, and I see General Use vs Cold Water Use, etc, but no "Classes."

If you can give me the source, I can probably follow up for you.

Rob

I'm reading through the 2001 update to the ANU (Authorized for Navy Use) listing of scuba equipment, and I can't find that term.
I see Cat I thru Cat III, and I see General Use vs Cold Water Use, etc, but no "Classes."

Rob

I believe he is referring to the "Group" designation described on pages I-59 through I-63 of the full report.

Tests like this may be subject to some random variance that could cause small differences in measurements resulting in such categorical result differences. Multiple samples of the same regulator should not be expected to perform precisely the same.

Rob

AWAP is correct as usual. I was posting from memory. They are not referred to as classes but groups. I found it odd that the Conshelf SE2 is a Group A regulator while the 21 is considered Group B. They seem to be the same design except for the 1/2 IP hoses on the SE. Looking at the table what is even stranger is that a BA is a Group C while a G-250 is a Group A. Can the increased venturi make that much difference?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom