1997 Accident settlement-reposted from elsewhere...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim, please let me know who is dive op ? Do you mean the guide(DiveMaster) ? If so, it is just possible.

This is a civil action.
The relatives(husband and duaghter) sued both the agent and the guide.
As a result, the judegement is to pay money in compensation jointly.
The rating blame between the agent and the guide was not mentioned on the court flash news.

I think it is difficult to obtain an internal understanding within accused parties regarding actual percentage of payments to be setteled in the future.

All,
Please note this kind of topic is not fun therefore we should focus on much enjyoable matters.

nori1841:
Please note this kind of topic is not fun therefore we should focus on much enjyoable matters.
Yes I know Nori. However, others are discussing this still in the accidents forum - and some of it was a bit anti-Japanese. I need to know as much as possible to keep people from getting the wrong idea about Japanese justice. You are the only one who knows anything - so please bear with me.

Yes - I meant the Divemaster and his shop.

On April 28, 2005 Tokyo High Court judges the same action of the district court's one again, which is the travel agency is liable for the damage to pay 0.5M$ to relatives of death.

Th reason is that the DM was able to avoid the accident if he did the safety stop at that time. --- but two guests were not able to control surfacing............

This is my final report on the matter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom