1st dive on V16 Proton metal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bdbrown4764

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Made 1st Dives today on new Reg and Proton octo. All I can say is, Mares you got a great product. I do not have alot to compare to, but when I dived a few yrs back, I do remember having to work at breathing when below 1-20 ft.

Made dives to 90 ft and 50 ft and honestly could not tell a difference between the bottom and the surface when breathing.

Glad I purchased this setup, :D
Bob

I own a number of different regs; both restored vintage models, and modern examples. Whenever I am making pleasure dives I often reach for my own Mares V16 Proton. It offers great performance, and is extremely reliable. They are very easy to tune, and the hose routing is just about perfect for single hose Hogarthian style.

I like the Proton series so much that I purchased one for my wife.

Greg Barlow
Former Science Editor for Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine

Yup, that's pretty much what I think of my V16 Proton XL (plastic 2nd)!:coffee: Goodbye average breathing rental regs... Hello great breathing at any depth!!:D:D I've got about 25 dives on mine (I don't get to dive as much as I'd like to) and it just works great! Plus, it was at a great price for such a great performing reg. It was trying my girlfriends MR12 proton that pushed me to buy the V16, and I have absolutely no regrets!!!:coffee:

Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom