1st Official DSD Dive set for Nov 15th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't wait... Looks like we may already be in the planning stage...

I had some pictures of the boat ride out on my digital camera... So I was able to put them up in our photos section on the DSD website already.

Certainly y'all took pictures, too... And Larry, I'd love to see how that underwater camera works down there in low vis.

Here's the link to the DSD photo section... http://www.deepsouthdivers.org/homephotos.html Only the first eight pictures are from this trip, and all of them are "topside" pics, since I don't have a housing for my digital. Please send me whatever pictures you took so that I can post them and share them with everyone.

Send them to SeaJay@bftwave.net

Next time.....

I am definitely going on the next trip, if I have to walk! Those pictures are great! Manatee, mantas, loggerhead...damn I missed a good trip. What did I do all weekend? I set up a slackline in my backyard. What did you do all weekend? You dove! Not fair!

*rubs hands together*

It's ok, I'm biding my time. The next trip WILL be mine, oh yes, it will be mine. :)

Great dives, boat and crew, company and food, it all made that long drive worthwhile! If you ever need a token Yankee again I'm in. Sorry I had to leave without any goodbys but I suspect I was in NC before that condo started to wake up, thanks again. Ray

Yep... I think I was the last to rise at 10:15am... Just as Pam and Larry were leaving. I never got to say goodbye to ANYONE! :(

It did sorta make up for the 5:30am Saturday, though. :D Sleep is a wonderful thing.

Great weekend, y'all... I know I really enjoyed y'all's company. :D

augustadivediva once bubbled...
Cody - thanks for providing the video entertainment Friday and Saturday night - Raven is lucky to have a great guy like you for a son.

Thank you Pam. You are really nice.

Cody

Well, I would call the 1st official DSD dive gathering a huge success. I am glad that everyone arrived home safely.

I really enjoyed meeting Larry, Pam, and Ray for the first time and seeing Mark again.

On Friday night we enjoyed each other's company, pizza and a movie about the "sea" to which we thought very fitting. LOL

Thanks to Terry, Judy and Mike for great trip experience. They always do such a good job. I have not had a more pleasurable dive excursion with anyone else.

I was afraid the weather was going to be cold and the water cold and choppy but to my surprise not only was the weather gorgeous but the surface and water temperature were comfortable too.

The wreck was awesome, I only wish the visibility would have been a little better. I would love to see it when the vis is good. The amount of growth and life on that wreck was amazing for the short time it has been there. I think the best part of my dive was during the second dive. No gear issues, perfect dive gliding through the water like a sky diver when I happened upon that beautiful nurse shark. At near twice my body length she was an amazing creature. I was so excited. Mind you, this was a much better excitement than being caught by the neighboring fishing boat the dive before. I am sure he was bummed about the big one got away. LOL

Mark, I hate that you missed the cookout. The food was great. There was so much of it I don't think any of us would have needed extra weight if we'd dove on Sunday. Hahaha Saturday night after dinner, we enjoy some footage from actual dives. They were amazing videos.

As always, this dive trip was a learning experience. Maybe someday I can share it all with you, but for know I have to take what I learned and use it wisely. I can tell you this, I'd give my right fin ( :wink: ) if I had an underwater video camera with me.

Larry, anytime you wanted to go south to dive you are welcome.

For all of you who weren't able to make it this trip, I am sorry to say that you missed out on one h3ll of a good time. Maybe next time.

R

PS AND NO ONE GOT SEASICK. IT WAS GREAT. :D

Back
Top Bottom