1st Official DSD Dive set for Nov 15th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's six of us... Three have just answered "wreck." RavenC and I really don't care... That only leaves one person we haven't heard from yet... And since they'd be outvoted anyway...

:)

Looks like it's a wreck dive, Capt.! :)

Got a different one from last time? Or is it the same wreck?

I remember the last one... Vis was in the 80' range... Current mild, if any... Great wreck with lots to see and a little penetration...

'Course, topside I was so sick I couldn't even see straight... But at depth... Ahhhhhhh...

Sounds like we're going to have a much smoother day than last time. :D

I'm really looking forward to a great trip...

Terry, you still have tanks for rent on your boat? I'm just wondering, 'cause some of the divers here might enjoy the luxury of not having to bring their own tanks...

Your diver buddy going with us again?

I'm looking for some dive buddies in Alabama, but ya'll seem to be a pretty active group. I posted for a buddy to dive local this weekend, but you've got a great trip planned. Seems like I need to branch out a drive a bit. A couple of questions....

How do I join?

Do you plan many trips in the area that you are diving this weekend? If so, does anyone from Atlanta know how long of a drive this is? I'm from B'ham so I can add 2 hours to it.

Are you planning any Chrystal River dives this winter? My wife and I were wanting to go with our LDS but have a conflict with the date.

Thanks for any info,

Beck

OK!!!

First of all, boy am I psyched about diving this weekend. The weather in Beaufort has been gorgeous for the past couple days and warm. I hope we have more of the same.

Second, as SJ mentioned above we've discussed it and we don't really care either way. Wreck is cool, I would just prefer a different wreck from the last one. That is my only preference.

Third, Beck, if you hang out with us and participate, you are a member. Simply as that. We are working on being active. LOL. I have never been in Alabama to dive but there's always a first. Most of the time we will just post what we know about or plan and anyone who wants to participate is welcome. Unfortunately with this dive, it was a charter situation that involves seating issues and deposits which limit the available participation. But, we will have several open opportunities. And, most we will do our best to keep down costs. I really think that this trip is an excellent deal.

Forth, We have discussed working in a manatee dive in Crystal in the coming months. I really believe we have a goal to arrange at least a monthly group opportunity. But, that doesn't stop anyone from posting that they are going diving and inviting participants just like you have done. We will be participating with other NDIs as the opportunity allows and they with us. The more the marrier. :)

Fifth, with the holidays coming up, I really think that December will be tough but I am sure that a local shore dive (Beaufort, Chas, Bluffton, Hilton Head) will be arranged and anyone who wants to come will be welcome.

In January and February we have the possibility of working out dives to the Betsy Ross or Eagles Nest, off the coast of Beaufort and the manatee dives. Ginnie Springs is not too far away that we won't consider gathering their either. And, we have talked about diving Lake Murray in Cola SC. I would love to dive the coast of NC, maybe find a U-boat near Cape Fear or something. Plus Myrtle Beach has a kick-a$$ charter too. So as you can see, there are lots of opportunities to dive with DSD NDI.

Now, back to this weekend. Did we decide on Steaks and Shrimp or Lowcountry boil? We have several bringing cheese and cracker type stuff but we need to work out the cookout plans. SJ's responsible for bringing the shrimp either way and I will make homemade cocktail sauce and melted butter sauce for dippin' the shrimp. I think someone already is bringing corn. We need kilbasa sausage for the LC boil. So let me know. I'll have to bring a big stew pot if we boil. I already have the seasonings.

No time to waste in deciding. Also, did anyone who is not diving with us decide to come to the cookout? Let us know so we can get a head count. And, everyone please bring your choice of beverage.

*** Please remember no alcohol and diving.

Ready for fun??? I am. R

Hey Robyn!

I am bringing:
Appetizer
Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
Green Beans
Pecan Bars
Turtle Cheesecake
Diet Coke
Several kinds of beers

Larry is bringing:
Bread and Butter
Snack Foods
Wine
Diet Ginger Ale

Do we need to pick up anything else?

Whatever works out for the main course, that is great. I don't eat seafood but can make a dinner from veggies. Sounds like everything is working out great. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Do we know the condo # yet?
Pam

SJ probably has the condo number.

What you are bringing sounds great. If you are not a seafood eater, why don't we go with his first idea meat and shrimp instead of LC boil?

Everyone can bring whatever meat they want. And we'll mix up the rest.

Lat. Adjustment is bringing local cider, goat cheese and crackers.

This all sounds good. Well go from here. I will try to contact Mark, a/k/a mgri to see what he's doing. R

We did the tugboat last time. This dive we will do the Daniels, a large liberty ship broken into two sections.

I have tanks for rent, $10.00 each. let me know how many you need.

Yes, Mike is going with us as crew and my dive buddy.

SeaJay, I did not charge your credit card. Both I and the condo owner, Ann Rowe, prefer cash or check. You can pay upon arrival.

See ya soon.

I did research this week on the Daniels. I mentioned it to SeaJay.

I believe there is information on the net about this liberty ship from a trip out of Tybee Island.

To my understanding there is supposed to be a lot of marine life. If I remember correctly the ship is broken into two parts. That's very ironic because I mentioned that very wreck to SJ yesterday. R

Hey Guys and Gals,

I am going to the Panther's game on Sunday so I will not spend the night on Saturday. I probably will leave shortly after the dives on Saturday. I am still planning on coming down on Friday and crashing in the Condo if that is still ok.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and diving on Saturday.

Mark

Yep, that's the ship. Always a lot of fish there. Might have to fight of the fishermen, especially if it's a good weather weekend.

I hope everyone really has a great time, beautiful weather and awesome diving! It sounds really great!. Don and I are looking forward to coming back down in Mid May and possibly bringing the owners of our LDS with us. Maybe , eventually, we can get a big group from Michigan to make the trip too! We have lots of great divers here!
Meanwhile, We are just counting the days until we can dive with y'all! Have a great weekend, I hope you don't get all of the heavy wind that we have here. We lost a lot of the siding off the side of our house/ It has been a chore, trying to keep Don (2 weeks post op)off the ladder to repair it. Had to remind him that if he injured himself, we would have to wait even longer to dive. Finally , good friends came and nailed it down for us.
Anyways, We will be with you in spirit this weekend:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom