1st stage locked on tank valve (dumbest thing I've done in a while)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

7mm? i had a set of 3mm over my 5mm... you know, safety never takes a break!

just got back from the shop...tank filled.

told the new AI (female):
me: I just did the dumbest thing ever!
AI: (without missing a beat) ummm...of course you did....you're a man.
me: excellent point! I need not say anything more.

I would have suggested breaking off the yoke knob plastic with a small chisel. Then drill a hole in the stud and insert an easy out on a 2 foot cheater bar. You would of course have been required to video all of this and post it on you tube as a lesson in gullibility.:D

7mm? i had a set of 3mm over my 5mm... you know, safety never takes a break!

just got back from the shop...tank filled.

told the new AI (female):
me: I just did the dumbest thing ever!
AI: (without missing a beat) ummm...of course you did....you're a man.
me: excellent point! I need not say anything more.

:rofl3: And a damn good sport! :cool3:

I would have suggested breaking off the yoke knob plastic with a small chisel. Then drill a hole in the stud and insert an easy out on a 2 foot cheater bar. You would of course have been required to video all of this and post it on you tube as a lesson in gullibility.

:D That's hilarious! You forgot that I should probably open the valve back up!

The video would have begun like this:

There's a guy on scubaboard whose posts have taught me tons. I've always wanted take a formal class with him, but I live too far away from him. So, I glean whatever instruction I can from online. Today he told me to do this. Again, that's Jim Lapenta. L-A-P-E-N-T-A Instructor #1234. Now, where's that chisel?

140 psi at the LP side isn't any different than my air tools on my garage compressor. Just sayin' nothing really to worry about as you found out.

Wonderful!!! :clapping:

It's not so much a mouse fart when there is 2800psi in the cylinder. :(

It doesn't matter what the pressure is in the tank. If you back out an LP port plug the pressure will be what ever the regulator IP is, usually less then 140 psi.

Reactions: Jax
Thanks, guys, on the reminder it is a low stage port :blush:

:hm: How about, "Mouse Fart"????? :rofl3:

Oh, yeah, I went there!

I did this a few month ago. All I did to resolve is to loosen a LP port plug. It will take some force, but it will get loose. Once it get loose by about 1 turn, all pressure will be release. LP plug wont be shoot out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom