1st Stage Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HybridDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello

Should both your 1st stage match on your doubles? Like my xtx200 is different from my new xtx50 which is the DS4?
Chris

nah... i have a DST and a DS4 first stages on my doubles...

it's all good

No, your first stages do not need to match.

There are however two schools of thought on matching. One says the same matched regulators mean that you can repair a problem with the same parts kit, and you should expect the same performance from either regulator. If you notice a difference in performance there is likely a problem of some sort. The other thought is that with different brand regulators, an inherent design flaw will only be present in one regulator and not the other. You can also take advantage of some particular strengths in certain situations if you have different brands.

For me... well, mine match. Apeks TX50 second stages with DS4 first stages.

Mark Vlahos

All of our back gas regs match - this was because of upgrading. Our two deco bottle regs are different than the back gas but are the same otherwise - cause we already had them. If I buy any more they will be the same as the back gas and the deco will be O2 regs.

Did we have to do that? Absolutely not. But having a few a that are similar I think is easier overall. At least at this point I only have to service two difference reg types.

I was just wondering cause im running xtx200 and xtx50 for back gas. xtx50 around neck and xtx200 in mouth. I thought throwing on a ds4 on the xtx200 but maybe later on.
Cheers Chris

Mine do not match. Although, when i upgrade I probably will get them to match. Just because it will be pretty. hehehe until i get some encounters with limestone

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom