1st Stage to pair with FSR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am leaning towards placing my FSR in the right post with primary and wing (the latter on the 5th port) and a DST with 5th port on the left post with backup, drysuit and SPG.

I don't do overheads so there should not be single file gas sharing (turret in the right post would be nice for this), and the DST has better routing for the left post (FSR bends the SPG hose - see below). What do you think?

Resized_20200120_072915.jpeg

As someone who used FSR first stages on doubles for quite a while and completed a Fundies class with them, there is no issues with hose routing at all.

A "bent" HP hose for your SPG is also not an issue, I promise your SPG will read just the same and your hose won't suddenly rupture because of it.

FSR first stages are awesome, but then again so are DSTs and DS4s.

As someone who used FSR first stages on doubles for quite a while and completed a Fundies class with them, there is no issues with hose routing at all.

A "bent" HP hose for your SPG is also not an issue, I promise your SPG will read just the same and your hose won't suddenly rupture because of it.

FSR first stages are awesome, but then again so are DSTs and DS4s.

What is the disadvantage of the DST vs the FSR?

What is the disadvantage of the DST vs the FSR?
FSR is only Apeks 1st stage that has replacable orifice, so in case it gets damaged you don't have to change whole body.
DST uses same service kit as FSR, so no difference in performance. DST little more versatile regarding hose routing, but that's not much of a factor anyway.

The ARCAP could be useful in the long run but then my 24yrs old DS4 is still my work horse.

They all function the same and assuming balanced you won't be able to tell the difference performance wise. Same brand can make servicing easier in some cases. Sealed vs non sealed, diaphragm vs piston. Choose one that fits your diving needs and wallet. Most folk recommend what they use. I'm OCD so like matching stages.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom