1st Time roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello TJ,

I went to CCV in Roatan last November and it was fantastic - it is a diver's dream!

Originally posted by RoatanMan
20 Dives? Man, at CCV you might be considered to be a non-diver
14.gif

Oh, btw- shoot for 25 dives. No pressure here, but you're not what they call at CCV a Weenie diver, are you? :rofl3:
I only logged 18 dives on this trip - doing three dives every day and four on one day. I was so exhausted on the day that I did four dives that I accidentally wet the bed during the night - how embarassing! We met people that did like 30-35 dives, but I certainly could not compete with them. I literally was asleep by 8 p.m. every night except the night I did the night dive.

I guess I must be a weenie diver, huh?:11:

Amadeus023:
I guess I must be a weenie diver, huh?:11:

Right after lunch, by 12:45, we are snoozing in a hammock until the horn blows for the 2pm boat dives. One hour nap time logged!

We hit the pillow after the 4th dive, the afternoon drop-off dive. We can be prone and snoring by 4:45 pm, and dinner begins at 6:20. A nap is a wonderful thing. Total daily nap-time logged is now 2hrs +

In the water, every night by 8pm, back to the pillow by 9:45.

Sleep, breakfast, dive, dive, lunch, nap, dive, dive, nap, dinner, night dive, sleep {Repeat for one week}

RoatanMan:
Right after lunch, by 12:45, we are snoozing in a hammock until the horn blows for the 2pm boat dives. One hour nap time logged!

We hit the pillow after the 4th dive, the afternoon drop-off dive. We can be prone and snoring by 4:45 pm, and dinner begins at 6:20. A nap is a wonderful thing. Total daily nap-time logged is now 2hrs +

In the water, every night by 8pm, back to the pillow by 9:45.

Sleep, breakfast, dive, dive, lunch, nap, dive, dive, nap, dinner, night dive, sleep {Repeat for one week}

What do you do to relax from such a hectic schedule?:confused:

VvVvVvVvVv 1 day left!

merxlin:
What do you do to relax from such a hectic schedule

Well said.

We come from Chicago. Not much diving here that I haven't done when I was younger and more cold resistant. I use my time at dive locations to maximum advantage: dive dive dive.

When I met "Herself", she told me what her diving goals were. I "sent her" to diving boot camp at CoCoView. She got her five-a-day and was absolutely drained. It prepped her for the next steps which were smaller boats and drift diving.

Now that she has 200 or so dives, she no longer looks at me when we go to Roatan and asks, "Do I have do every dive?" When she was learning, what's the percentage in not doing every available dive? Now that she has many of these skills mastered, I have hung up my Dive Camp Drill Instructor's Hat. She is so comfortable with the layout and system at CoCoView she has now logged two solo night dives. In our most recent "together trip", she logged 2/3 of the dives I did in the Philippines. She missed a lot of cool u/w stuff, but then again- she saw a lot more topside than did I.

No one is really looked askance upon because they miss a few dives. It's a vacation- go and have fun doing what you wish. Just understand that if it's bottom time you want, all you have to do in Roatan is to flop-in and swim!

Originally posted by RoatanMan

Thanks for the tip! We seemed to spend our time in between dives hanging out in the diveshop there at CCV. They have a very nice shop. My divebuddy worked wth a fellow there in the shop on some pointers for his new UW camera.

This was my first "real" diving trip. CCV was the best place for practicing because you could do unlimited diving. The dive facilities there are fantastic too. I am pretty happy with doing three dives in a day. People in Cozumel thought we had done a lot with three per day there. Most of them did only two dives per day. You must be a fish!

RoatanMan:
Well said.

We come from Chicago. Not much diving here that I haven't done when I was younger and more cold resistant. I use my time at dive locations to maximum advantage: dive dive dive.>>>>>>No one is really looked askance upon because they miss a few dives. It's a vacation- go and have fun doing what you wish. Just understand that if it's bottom time you want, all you have to do in Roatan is to flop-in and swim!

Personally I find the diving relaxing, I thought about making the one week dive trips 10 day affairs, but I know me and it would just be more dive days and still no sight seeing. Thats what I loved about Little Cayman, about 2 hours worth of seeing the island and you 've seen it all!

How is the shore diving at AKR?

Amadeus023:

Thanks for the tip! We seemed to spend our time in between dives hanging out in the diveshop there at CCV. They have a very nice shop. My divebuddy worked wth a fellow there in the shop on some pointers for his new UW camera.

This was my first "real" diving trip. CCV was the best place for practicing because you could do unlimited diving. The dive facilities there are fantastic too. I am pretty happy with doing three dives in a day. People in Cozumel thought we had done a lot with three per day there. Most of them did only two dives per day. You must be a fish!

The morning dive - you need to be in the water prior to 4:00 am for the sunrise at 4:30 am or so. :coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom