1st Trip to Nassau, Looking for recommendations :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Titletowndiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Good afternoon,

I just got roped into going to Nassau next April. This will be my 1st trip in 8 years with non-divers:( We'll be staying at the Super Club Breezes so I'm looking for recommendations for dive ops. I'm hoping to sneak in maybe 4-5 days of 2-3 tank diving. Based on other posts it looks like Stuart Coves is the biggest op. Are there any other ops that anyone can suggest? I would prefer to dive with someone that will allow me to dive my computer (SC's website said first dive = 80 ft 30 min :confused: $105 for 2 tanks with a 30 min dive seems a bit pricey). Thanks in advance for any info!

If you buy multiple days of diving online at Stuart Cove's before you go you can get it down to $80 for a two tank dive for five days, or $83 if you dive four. But I thought Breezes was all-inclusive...do they not include diving in their packages?
Stuart Cove's does try to limit your dive time because they are on a tight schedule and need to get the boats in and out, but I don't think we ever were only given 30 minutes on a dive--it was usually 45 min on the first one and an hour on the second. Also being the first in and last out will increase your bottom time. Also every one had computers so time was more of an issue of time rather than safety.

Another option is Bahama Divers - their shop is at the base of the bridge to Paradise Island. It's probably a little closer to Cable Beach IIRC. A third option is Paradise Dive Charters. Afaik those are your only choices in Nassau: Bahamas Diving Association.

Stuart Cove's shuttle picks-up twice daily at Breezes. So (I'm guessing) they are the Breezes dive op. Since they're on the south side of New Providence they shuttle (free) guests over from the resort areas on the north side - and cruise business from the harbor.

Back
Top Bottom