1st world problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any idea how many extra dives you guys would do that week if you had a house reef? Dive $1,000 by that number. May be a useful metric to assess value

Looks like you need to subtract the price of food & drinks you're not having in your room, the cost of keeping gear somewhere else, then divide what's left. Could be that it's actually cheaper to not stay at Marriott.

And the good thing is that the Marriot is "probably" far enough from the airport so that you will not hear most of the planes...or all of the traffic going to / from the airport.

My wife and I have been to Bonaire 3 times, more than all other Caribbean locations we've visited except for Grand Cayman. We go there to dive as much as possible with as little effort and wasted time as possible. We have stayed at Sand Dollar and Den Laman. Being able to walk out directly for dives on Bari Reef at any time, day or night, is priceless. Extremely convenient that we have taken boat trips directly from the dock also. With the recent changes in the dive operation, switching over entirely to Dive Friends, this will continue to be a great location. Of course, we also drive around, taking advantage of the fantastic shore diving, this will only be easier with the change in the dive operation.

Back to the OP, having a beer out on the balcony at the end of the day, or coffee in the morning, overlooking the beautful Caribbean, is just cream on top of an otherwise great location for diving. To each their own, I'll stay on the water. @gbf , after your mention, looked up Beachcomber. Intriguing, may give a shot nest visit. The Cliff is a great dive, perfect for a house reef

Scubadada,

We've been going to bon since early 90s, stayed all over.

We took a flyer on Beachcomber when they first opened, I think we were among their first guests.

Been staying there since.

Unless there is an availability problem I think we'll be returning this summer. I will, however, go take a look at the courtyard while we're there - I do remain a cheap SOB.

What a problem to have! We are firmly in the 'if you're going to Bonaire stay on the water' camp. We find other ways to economize.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom