2 1/2 days till Roatan!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjh

Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry can hardly focus on work, wish life had a fast forward button. Just 2 days untill 2wks in Roatan and Utila. Anyone else counting down to a destination?

Got a longer wait than you. Going July 26. Last time was 15 years ago at AKR, this time staying at CCV.
Thoughts?

mjh, I am with you trying to stay focused and still rearranging my packing.

Weight restrictions have me going cracy.

I'm not going till the end of August....and am in pain right now due to necessary shots before going....namely Hepatitis A! OWWW!!

Anyone planning to be on Roatan between July 26 and August 2? I will be at CCV and am meeting my son who's flying in from Chicago.

Diver Lori:
I'm not going till the end of August....and am in pain right now due to necessary shots before going....namely Hepatitis A! OWWW!!

Hmmm, how necessary is that? Checked some medical sites and didn't see any alerts re: Honduras.

CalDyver:
Got a longer wait than you. Going July 26. Last time was 15 years ago at AKR, this time staying at CCV.
Thoughts?

My thought is your going to have a much better time at CCV. Dive till it hurts :wink:

I just got back last Sat from CCV. What a great week. Take Deet or Cactus Juice to ward off the no-seeums. Take a few scooby-snaks for Maggie and Poncho. Poncho (a golden Retriever) is the newest entertainment he is always looking for the elusive fish. I don't think he dried out all week.

Try to pick the largest crab for the crab race. Let's see....oh yeah if you enter the kayak race don't pick Poncho for your relay he's a good swimmer but he is slow. One more thing the hammock on the east side of the gazebo/covered deck catches the most breeze.

Have a great time wished I was going back.

mjh:
Sorry can hardly focus on work, wish life had a fast forward button. Just 2 days untill 2wks in Roatan and Utila. Anyone else counting down to a destination?

I love that feeling! Good luck and good diving!

AHHHHHH, just 1 1/2 days now!! And just to wet the appetite some more:

http://www.scubadiving.com/article/0,7424,1-0-0-780,00.html

We have REI's 99% deet formula works great. Last yr we went to AKR so it will be interesting to compare. Besides dog treats is there anything else we can bring/donate? seaangel feel your pain with the packing, I got to get out of these gear intensive sports. Even thinking about breaking down and doing the shark dive, would love it for the photos. Back to work, back to work, must work....

mjh:
AHHHHHH, just 1 1/2 days now!! And just to wet the appetite some more:

http://www.scubadiving.com/article/0,7424,1-0-0-780,00.html

Besides dog treats is there anything else we can bring/donate? ..

Not really... There are a few children that live on the resort. I took down a suitcase full of small toys last week. School supplies are always welcomed. Spiral notebooks pencils etc. If you bring anything you can give it to Erin and she will make sure it is handed out. The parrots like treats as well just make sure you get the kind for large hookbill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom