2 1/2 days till Roatan!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dog treats is easy seeing as we have a English Mastiff and a couple of tons of "bribes" around. School supplies is perfect and will fit in existing bags. WE LEAVE TONIGHT!!!!

mjh:
Dog treats is easy seeing as we have a English Mastiff and a couple of tons of "bribes" around. School supplies is perfect and will fit in existing bags. WE LEAVE TONIGHT!!!!

Great! Have fun and hug Maggie and Poncho for me. That is if you can get him out of the water long enough.

CalDyver:
Hmmm, how necessary is that? Checked some medical sites and didn't see any alerts re: Honduras.

Hepatitis A vaccine is probably a good thing to get. I live in Honduras and Hep A vaccine was recommended by public health before moving here. It was a two shot series. No ill effects from the shots plus one less didease to worry about in Honduras or elsewhere!

BTW, Hep A can be contracted from poorly washed fruits and vegetables - recall the Hep A/Green onion incident in Pennsylvania in 2003.

parrotheaddiver:
Great! Have fun and hug Maggie and Poncho for me. That is if you can get him out of the water long enough.

What's the time frame for the shots? I'm scheduled to leave Sunday 7/25.

Your question was directed to diversmom, but I have been to Roatan many times since 1977 never a problem. You will be on an island and the resort is actually a short boat ride off the main island. I wouldn't worry too much about it. They have a well system and provide commercial water to drink. diversmom is correct if you are going to spend any length of time in Honduras on the mainland you would probably need to get several vaccinations. Take some DEET the sandfleas will get you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom