2 Best dive sites near Tokyo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amitsi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi Everyone-san :D

I am visiting Tokyo for a week in April and I have a morning+evening worth of diving that I can squeeze in....:coffee:

Can someone suggest me the best 2 places(weather/surf/visibility/marine life) to get a couple of dives in the morning+evening near Tokyo?

Edit: Also a good place to rent gear???...Do I need dry-suit this time of the year?

Thanks

Day or weekend trips from Tokyo are to the Izu penisular, which has around 50 dive sites scattered along it's coastline.

Try :: Japan Underwater Explorers :: GUE Training & DIR Equipment Centre or Mar Scuba - The Zen of Diving, they are the only English speaking dive groups that I know are running trips from Tokyo at this time of year. You would need a dry suit.

Prices depend on the site, equipment rental etc... expect to pay around 12k-15k yen for two boat dives (depending on location) but I am not how much equipment rental will set you back- figure in at another 10k I guess.

tks, just one more question all google sites come up in Japanese.....what's the water temp at izu peninsula?

I guess you're looking at 10-15 degrees at this time of year.

It was 14-15 degrees on sunday on the west coast.

Conditions are reasonably good. but the last few weeks has seen a lot of wind, and its reduced visibility for what we normally see. Hopefully clear up and have some pleasant weather in April.

Welcome to Zen divers ,amitsi,
But too bad, a period of spring turbidity has started till summer thus in general viz is the worst and the coldest water in a couple of month, 14 c degrees. I 'd recommend you to plan other activities.

Hey, a bad days diving is better than a good day doing anything else!

I'm off to Geruma tomorrow for three days under water, will report back later.

Yea, I am not big on night life, I'd rather dive as well....I dive here in the Monterey bay area where its year round between 45-55 Fahrenheit in wetsuits for 45mins.

Although if the Viz is bad like 5feet and surf I will probably skip it :-\ let me know how your dive goes.....Is there any surf/weather forecast websites like we have here in the bay area

Welcome to Zen divers ,amitsi,
But too bad, a period of spring turbidity has started till summer thus in general viz is the worst and the coldest water in a couple of month, 14 c degrees. I 'd recommend you to plan other activities.

tks nori, do you have a dive/surf weather forecast conditions website for the tokyo area...you can point me to :coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom