2 diff. psd's, which to chose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jorbar1551

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm gonna join a psd team this january, and i have two options...one, is a team with about 15 people, the other, is with 80 people.

both have us supply our own gear. team number 2 has an academy and better pool locations, but i dont want to show up to a call with 40 other dives standing around with nothing better to do.

Both teams hq are equal in traveling time and i really dont have a preference over either...can you guys help me decide?

Nobody can make that decision but you.

What do they have that appeals to you? Who is the most active and so on? Are they social clubs or active working teams? Do some more research.

I don’t even want to try and supervise a team with 80 members. Jason with a new chain saw on the school grounds would be easier to keep tabs on.

It all depends on how many show up to calls. Just because a team has 80 members doesn’t mean they will all show up. Who knows, maybe they can only get a couple at a time so your chance to get wet would be good. On the other hand the team with 15 may have them all show up all the time making worse odds for you.

Good luck and don’t just jump in.

Gary D.

how about trainning? Can you devote time for trainning at the times the team does there trainning? I would agree with Gary D I would not want to head 80 people

our team is made up of 12 volinteers and we find this works best for us

make sure you are joinning a active team and not as Gary said a club
I wish you all the best luck on this be sure to keep us posted

Sparky

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom