2 week trip to Thailand - need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey everyone,

thanks so much for all the advice and suggestions! you've given me lots to think about, particularly given the post tsunami conditions.

can't wait to go explore!

I have recently left Koh tao after work decreased post Tsunami. I have also worked on the west coast. My main advice is check out all the dive op's on the west coast as during sept and oct they were only starting the season and therefore have limited days open. With the Tsuanmi many have gone under so you need to email direct to see if open. Blue Planet in koh Lanta is excellent and did not suffer after Dec 26th.

As for the Gulf. The diving is good and all year round, With the odd chance of a whale shark. Check out Crystal Dive school or Planet Scuba on Koh tao for the best service and value for money. Avoid Samui as you need to travel on a speed boat everyday to dive and the cost is much higher

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with?

the dive op's on the west coast as during sept and oct they were only starting the season and therefore have limited days open. With the Tsuanmi many have gone under

Er, not true. Most dive centers stay open year round in Phuket, Phi Phi, Krabi with local day trips available every day. Very rarely, I mean VERY rarely the weather is bad enough to cancel a day trip. Apart from a couple in Khao Lak and Phi Phi, I can't think of any dive centers that have "gone under" after the tsunami. The liveaboards really don't get going until October, many don't start until November. There are one or two that run year round, or try to, if the weather allows and if they get enough people to run a trip.

i am currently in Pattaya doing my Scuba instructor course, check out Aquanauts Pattaya.. drop me an email or PM first

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom