2003 Wreck & Photo Mania?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter once bubbled...
I've yet to dive the SG, but I expect conditions to be similar to those on the other wrecks. On those wrecks, it is common to have strong currents, very much like those encountered during Wreckmania.

Current on SG tends to be less than Bibb/Duane. It can run strong but generally nothing like the cranking currents on the Duane so much of the time.

Tom

WreckWriter once bubbled...

Current on SG tends to be less than Bibb/Duane. It can run strong but generally nothing like the cranking currents on the Duane so much of the time.

Tom

We can all go play "flag on the descent/ascent line" hehehe

WreckWriter,

Thanks for the info on the currents on the SG.

Natasha,

Are we planning Wreckmania II and Wreckmania Continues?

As I understood the concept, WM II would be a trip for the specialty class (very much like WM) while WMC would be a trip without a class for those already wreck certified.

Lydia,

A classic video (in glorious black and white) arrived in the mail today. Are you interested in borrowing it?

The time frames that scuba-sass mentioned in terms of academic year also work well for us since I am counting on my sister to be the traveling nanny for Mania II. We are less locked into this than Lydia because we COULD travel without a nanny but that would mean a lot less diving.

The early summer (May - June) timeframe actually appeals to me most because we were hoping to take a trip to celebrate my graduation from Grad School so it make it a good combo trip.

Key Largo is my first choice for destinations. Selfishly because I don't want to travel out of the country with the baby until he/she is at least a year old and Key Largo is a place domestically that we have never been.

Gosh if anyone had told us having a baby was going to cramp our diving style so much, we might have thought better of it! Wink, Wink! You guys know I am just kidding!

:bunny: Heather :bunny:

Well, I've just been taking this all in. I must say I'm so happy WM was even a bigger success then I hoped for.
Walter: I'm from the old school of travel that says, "Give 'em what they want."
So if it worked, why fix it? I guess the crowds DO want a repeat. And yes, WMII would be for you to offer new divers a chance to earn a wreck certification. 'Continues' would be for any wreckies that just want to come down and dive new wrecks. If Dee can fit it in to come along, she could talk a bit and we could call it Photomania in between. If not, we can all go over to Steven Frink's studio, walk around and if he is there, he agreed to give a few tips, since he lives in Key Largo.
Of course I can always just set this all up, and let everyone go.
If you want me to be there the June dates I posted will work the best for me. I will be offering a July trip to Cozumel ( Hopefully some maniacs will come) and a September trip too.
In the 03 year, we are also finally talking about putting together the "Big One" to either The Great Barrier, or the Red Sea, probably in October or November of 03.

I really would love to make it this next WMII, and having the opportunity to Key Largo would make it all the more fantastic. My Dad has his house in Islamorada and I am looking for reasons to go there to dive. I personnally would not mind October, that way I could still plan to dive with my LDS on their summer trip.

Natasha once bubbled...
Of course I can always just set this all up, and let everyone go. If you want me to be there the June dates I posted will work the best for me. I will be offering a July trip to Cozumel ( Hopefully some maniacs will come) and a September trip too.

Natasha,

Don't you dare think of bailing on us. A Maniac trip would never be the same without you and Walter. You are the heart and soul of the Wreckmania franchise! Schedule what works for you guys and the rest of us will either make it or not. Just like this year, there will be people who really want to participate but it just won't logistically work for them. Jeff and I might end up among those people but I wouldn't want to see you plan something that you couldn't attend.

:bunny: Heather :bunny:

NetDoc once bubbled...
You know Walter... most people get paid for this... Diving Gal, you gots witnesses!

Gee thanks... errrr I think NetDoc! hehehe

I still prefer July to the "month" of June though

Hello all just wanted to let you know that Pam and I can make just about any time frame, so that won't affect us.

Mom what I want to ask is if its possible to make some arrangements for those who don't want to do the "wreckmania continues" but would like to do some reef diving. I myself want to do the continues, but the "BOSS" probably won't want to dive in the currents. If it is possible, other signifigant others might enjoy this preferrably to the wreck diving. Just throwing out an idea.

Walter if we do this would you mind if I got the dive I needed during your class then? Then I would be able to try the continues class.

Guess I'm done rambling on,,hehehe. Hope all dive a lot and safely :)

Back
Top Bottom