2009 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Proof positive that previous tenures of Spurrier, Fulmer, Bryant, etc are the exceptions rather than the rule. Quick coach picks can detour programs for years...

from 'Traitor' Kiffin angers Vols students - College Football - College Basketball - Rumors - FanNation

'Traitor' Kiffin angers Vols students

Lane Kiffin said leaving Tennessee "was not an easy decision," in comments shortly after addressing Volunteers players Tuesday night. "I really believe [USC] is the only place I would have left here to go." That didn't seem to placate dyed-in the-orange-wool Tennessee fans, however. News of the coach's departure was met with bitterness. Reports from the Tennessee campus said nearly 1,000 students had gathered outside the school's football complex waiting for Kiffin's departure and fans held signs calling him a "traitor" and worse, while others burned Kiffin T-shirts.

..Lane Kiffin said leaving Tennessee "was not an easy decision," in comments shortly after addressing Volunteers players Tuesday night. "I really believe [USC] is the only place I would have left here to go."...

I wonder if he'd feel warm and fuzzy if his wife said, "I'm taking half our assets and going cross country to live with another man. It wasn't an easy decision. I really believe he is the only man I would leave you for!" :confused: ***? Like that makes it OK?

Maybe Spurrier is tired of coaching the Gamecocks and would like to wear ORANGE!

that might be very possible.

It was said that Spurrier was a serious choice for Bama when Shula left but didn't happen for three reasons

1.) Bama wouldn't get rid of Mal Moore and Spurrier wouldn't come if he was running things there.

2.) Spurrier had just moved his family (children and grandchildren) to South Carolina right before the Bama job came open and he promised them at the time that he wouldn't move again soon.

3.) He got a membership to Augusta National with the SC job and Augusta isn't that far away.

Here is a recent letter between two famous quaterbacks....

Dear Colt
I TOLD you they hit hard.​

Yours truly, Tim.
images

Dear Tim
I took your advice and quit before they made me cry on national TV.​

Yours truly, Colt
images

here is a recent letter between two famous quaterbacks....

dear colt
i told you they hit hard.
yours truly, tim.
images

dear tim
i took your advice and quit before they made me cry on national tv.
yours truly, colt
images

brutal !

ok... everyone knows by now that Lane Kiffin left Tennessee after one year.... to go to USC.

Now they are considering renaming the sewage waste center after Lane Kiffin. :rofl3:

no... I'm not kidding...

"Lane Kiffin Sewage Center" proposed - Game on - USATODAY.com

"Lane Kiffin Sewage Center" proposed

Ah, the not-so-sweet smell of revenge.

An attorney in Knoxville is urging the city to pay tribute to departed Tennessee football coach Lane Kiffin by renaming a waste water treatment plant the "Lane Kiffin Sewage Center."

Drew McElroy has filed paperwork that could lead to the change for the facility, which is near the university's football stadium, according to WBIR.

"We want to memorialize his stay here, and I think this would be doing it appropriately," McElroy said. "We don't have to rename the entire facility after him, just a part of it."

McElroy said just one cesspool would take care of it.

University of Tennessee student Paul Mills told the TV station that, "I think it'd be very fitting. He's definitely garbage."

ok... everyone knows by now that Lane Kiffin left Tennessee after one year.... to go to USC.

Now they are considering renaming the sewage waste center after Lane Kiffin. :rofl3:

no... I'm not kidding...
I found that sort of humorous, but; Tn. fans should really let it go and look forward. I wasn't happy with his way of leaving, but it's done and Tn. is bigger than one coach or player in my opinion. We'll be OK. It may not be this or the next couple years. College football tends to be an up and down thing over a 10 yr or so cycle.

GO VOLS !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom