200th dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats! Now for the next 200!

That's a busy amount of dives Marie

Eber Ward

it seems also that Great Lakes divers have a more respectful taste in music

full.jpg

Magnificent, and the history, ice through the bow with five souls lost

alas something I will only be able to visualise
more easily though through a CCR I recently acquired that has spent many hours down there

I've quite admired listening to your journey

200th dive was today on the Eber Ward wreck in the Straits of Mackinac.

Marie, saw your post and felt compelled to comment. I remember when you first started posting on Scubaboard, when you just started diving. And I've followed many of your posts since. It's been rewarding to witness your (rather rapid!) transition from someone asking a lot of questions to someone gaining the experience to answer questions instead.

As quickly as you've made it to that 200th dive, you must have spent a lot of time observing and learning, asking questions (outside of SB even) and figuring out how everything works. And now you are likely in that position to be someone that advises new divers, to help stoke their enthusiasm for diving.

Just as it's impossible for you to know how many people are reading your posts on SB, it's close to impossible to know how many new divers will observe you and learn from your example. Some might ask you questions directly, but many won't. Either way, keep doing what you're doing and know that while you do, you're having a positive impact on other divers and on scuba diving in general.

Which dry gloves are those?

Way to go Marie. I remember when you were just interested and starting. I remember the struggles you went through and conquered.
I am also envious of the dives you have made on those wrecks, but I will dive where I don’t need a drysuit.

Waterproof Ultima system with basic blue smurf gloves

Thanks. I just got a set but haven't been able to get the gloves mounted yet. Congrats on dive #200!

That's a busy amount of dives Marie

Eber Ward

it seems also that Great Lakes divers have a more respectful taste in music

View attachment 523256

Magnificent, and the history, ice through the bow with five souls lost

alas something I will only be able to visualise
more easily though through a CCR I recently acquired that has spent many hours down there

I've quite admired listening to your journey
That middle photo is cool..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom