2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome Natew!

kathy, glad you made it back and posting again. Sounds like you had a good vaccy!

Where's Bob at? He hasn't posted much since moving into the house.

We're living in a house that is 75% under renovation. Without a working kitchen, and making do with mini-fridges, our healthy eating habits are almost non-existent and I really haven't done much with the workout area in the basement yet.

Here's some pics of our progress so far.
Bob Overstreet's Photos - House Renovation & Sundry | Facebook

Hopefully we can minimize bodily damage over the next few months until we find some sort of rhythm again.

Thanks for thinking of us!

WOW! That's some project! Congrats again.. and good luck!!!!

We're living in a house that is 75% under renovation. Without a working kitchen, and making do with mini-fridges, our healthy eating habits are almost non-existent and I really haven't done much with the workout area in the basement yet.

Here's some pics of our progress so far.
Bob Overstreet's Photos - House Renovation & Sundry | Facebook

Hopefully we can minimize bodily damage over the next few months until we find some sort of rhythm again.

Thanks for thinking of us!

Good grief! Looks like there is plenty of physical exercise required just to finish that project! Good luck!

Hit the gym again for the last few days, a 30 minute cardio today, 1.5 hours of rock climbing and a 1 hour back/bi/abs weight lift felt fantastic. Then pumped out an hour long leg work out yesterday.

Hey everyone. I'm Down to 199! Probably the first time I've weighed under 200 since I was in high school and a few inches shorter.

I also did my first ever night dive last night. I guess that's two firsts for me in the same 24 hour period. :)

Oh and I'm "celebrating" by not riding my bike to work today because I need to take the rental tank I used last night back. Haven't yet figured out how to carry a tank on my bike.

Hey everyone. I'm Down to 199! Probably the first time I've weighed under 200 since I was in high school and a few inches shorter.

I also did my first ever night dive last night. I guess that's two firsts for me in the same 24 hour period. :)

Oh and I'm "celebrating" by not riding my bike to work today because I need to take the rental tank I used last night back. Haven't yet figured out how to carry a tank on my bike.

Congrats on dropping the weight Nate! Did you enjoy your first night dive :)?

Yesterday we did a 108 minute shore dive with LOTS of kicking!

Today found a labyrinth of Mtn bike trails just down the road, had no idea there were so many!! It was a beautiful 2 hour hike with many views of the bay, but I can’t wait to go back and TRY to ride some of them ;-)!

Tomorrow - more diving :D!

Keeping a low profile on the workouts till the Plantar fasciitis decides to heal. Quite frustrating. Worst first thing in the morning. By late afternoon when I take the pups to the park, it barely is noticeable. So I do some walking and light running and the dang thing hurts bad the next morning. I need to stay off it. GRRRHHH>>>

That said, I did get a couple dives in this weekend. Almost 2 hrs on Friday night off Ft. Lauderdale beach, then another 1:45 at Blue Heron Bridge yesterday. Sweet.

Kathy, those bike trails sound like a blast!

We've got a fairly steep decline from our back yard down to the creek that runs beside our place and into the woods. I've mowed a few paths back down the hill over the past couple of months. A couple of days ago I decided to kamikaze down the hill on my mountain bike, but I didn't think I'd make it back up.... putting the bike in the lowest gear, I was able to "hamster" back up. Did this a couple of times but was REALLY out of breath. Repeated this a couple of times over the past couple of days and tried using some of the other paths I've mowed (very rough).

Gonna take me a while to rebuild my aerobic and anaerobic capacity, but this is a fun break from home renovation, and I can just jump on my bike any time and just scream down the hill for a few minutes.... become breathless... and go back to remodeling!

Fun!!! I do miss the hills living here in Flatland, USA...

Keeping a low profile on the workouts till the Plantar fasciitis decides to heal.

Ok, I admit I had to google that one. Ouch doesn't sound like a good affliction for a runner :(! Hope you have your track shoes back on soon!
That said, I did get a couple dives in this weekend. Almost 2 hrs on Friday night off Ft. Lauderdale beach, then another 1:45 at Blue Heron Bridge yesterday. Sweet.[/
QUOTE] Ah, I bet that water is so delightfully warm right about now too! I miss BHB & all the cute critters!

A couple of days ago I decided to kamikaze down the hill on my mountain bike, but I didn't think I'd make it back up.... putting the bike in the lowest gear, I was able to "hamster" back up. Did this a couple of times but was REALLY out of breath. Repeated this a couple of times over the past couple of days and tried using some of the other paths I've mowed (very rough).

Gonna take me a while to rebuild my aerobic and anaerobic capacity, but this is a fun break from home renovation, and I can just jump on my bike any time and just scream down the hill for a few minutes.... become breathless... and go back to remodeling!

LOL! Sounds like the perfect quick fix to keep that heart pumpin! Just don't do an endo on the mad crash downwards! Bet your muscles are getting all kinds of stimulation by carrying building supplies around!

On Sunday we did a couple of dives and kicked a lot. I'm sampling some LP85's which take less effort to propel tha,n my big Worthington HP100's. Struggled a bit with head down weighting - but indeed they are promising.

Headed out to these caverns with a newly fundified diver. Apparently, as soon as I entered the overhang - my trim became O, form perfect - he said I look like a poster model :)! But then the cavern ended in about 40 ft :(! Oh, I miss the cenotes in Mexico so much!!

Back
Top Bottom