2011 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where is everybody??
I had a good run last night. Did a little over a half hour with shoes, then the last 15 min, sans shoes. I really enjoy going barefoot, but the feet are a bit tender to do more than what I did.
Lost another 1.8 lbs at my weigh in on Monday night, for a 10lb loss so far. Only 40 more to go...

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Another good run tonight. Did a little bit of interval training. 7 and 10 min run split by a 4 min walk. Then finished with some short sprints for a 35 min. workout.

I'm back from three weeks in Thailand. I weighed in the day before I left at 209.0 and today I am 207.4, so I lost 1.6 lb ON VACATION!

I ate like five light meals a day in Thailand, many dives, lots of walking, snacks were fruit (mango sticky rice a couple times only). At the buffet on the liveaboard, I started filling my plate at the end of the table with the fruit, soup and salad instead of the end with the fried rice and egg rolls.

I have lost 42.6 lb since 28 Aug 2010 (250.0) and am down 9.0 in 2011. As long as the trend is downward, I am happy.

Awesome! Congrats on the weightloss! Fantastic!!!

Where is everybody??
I had a good run last night. Did a little over a half hour with shoes, then the last 15 min, sans shoes. I really enjoy going barefoot, but the feet are a bit tender to do more than what I did.
Lost another 1.8 lbs at my weigh in on Monday night, for a 10lb loss so far. Only 40 more to go...

Jenny:

Been peeking in and out of this thread for a while. Just wanted to offer you a congrats! I started trying to lose weight right after xmas. Have lost 10# so far. Whole family has been trying to eat healthy, stop going out to eat, no snacks in the house, buying lots of fruits and veggies. We have all started going to the Y on Mon. and Wed together. Husband and daughter lift weights and do cardio machines. I like the water and have been doing water aerobics 3 days a week.
It has taken a lot to stick with this, as the Y is 50 min. from us one way.

Noticed your post about the greek yogart. One of our favorite snacks is a yogart smoothie. 1 c of plain non fat yogart, 1 c fruit nector (favorite is sour cherry that we get from the greek/med market) and a little non calorie sweetner. It kills the sweet tooth, but without the calories and fat. Put all in blender and enjoy. We also use guava, mango or a combo of the two to make drinks. They are pretty filling.

Good luck to all of you and keep up the good work!

Thanks. It's a long slow process losing this weight.It's a lifestyle change.

Thanks. It's a long slow process losing this weight.It's a lifestyle change.

It's not about dieting, but about changing habits and making informed food choices. It's definatly a lifestyle change. How right you are!

Hi guys, I'd like to jump in the group. :D
I've been changing my life since the day after christmas. To me, it's about being healthy and feeling better! :D

Whoo hoo!!!! Welcome Roxanne!!
you're right it's a lifestyle change, and I am glad I am able to make healthy choices for eating and taking care of this body.

At today's weigh-in I am down another 1.6 lb to 205.8. I didn't dive at all, nor did I hit the gym the past week. It is beginning to feel like my lifestyle has changed to one where I make more thoughtful food choices. Now to get back on the exercise and activity wagon...

Perfect thread for me right now - I am working on some diving related fitness goals, and it is amazing how few divere want to share goals and gains. Here are mine for now:

1) 600 yd fin swim, completion and time improvement
2) 500 yd crawl swim, no fins, completion and improvement
3) 5 km run, 22 min
4) 10 km run, 45 min
5) 60+ pushups in 2 min
6) 100+ situps in 2 min
7) 10+ pullups

these are all medium term goals for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom