2011 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Currently 228. Started in September at 245. Goal is 175 by 1 August. Doing a mixture of healthier diet and getting more exercise. I will post my numbers weekly.

Michael

Oh, and for what its worth... the following has been working for me:

1. I log everything I eat, along with calories and some nutrients (fat, protein, carbs, sodium).
2. I also log all my exercise along with the numbers from my heart rate monitor.

I have also tried to not cut my calories by any more then 200 a day per week and I have not increased my daily exercise by more then 5 minutes per week.

When I started in September of 2010 I was eating ~4500 calories a day, exercising 0 minutes per day. I am now down to <2000 calories a day and approximately 55 minutes of cardio 5 days per week. Aside from making sure I attempt to eat a low sodium diet I have not done anything with my diet except to eat less and as time has gone on I have found myself adding more veggies.

I think for me the biggest thing I do is the logging, I hate writing down when I have blown it for the day.

Michael

Well, this morning had me at 16.3% bodyfat (down from 17%), weight almost identical to four weeks ago. I've really just been following the "slow carb diet" from The Four Hour Body, but even that I've been pretty bad with due to an overactive social life :) I'm fighting a head cold now, but have been strict with the diet again the last 3 days, going to be strict with it for at least the next 30 and start doing the exercise portion once I feel I'm past the worst of the cold.

I had an awesome run/workout last night. It's been really stressful at work and along with not much exercise the past few days, I really needed to burn off some frustrations. Got to the dog park and barely got inside when the urge to run took over. I wanted to go fast and furious. I was that angry. But I managed to rein myself in a little bit and settled in for a couple laps around the inner perimeter. Dogs are always happy when I run. They run. I am happy. Walked off the huffing and puffing but my body said more. So I jogged up and down the pathway a few times. The pavement was a bit to get used to after the soft uneven grass. I am glad I am running in my VFFs otherwise I would have sprained an ankle for sure.
Darkness dared to stop the run, and reluctantly, I too stopped for fear of TMTS..dang foot.
This morning, before getting out of bed, I stretched the foot and it feels fine. Hopefully it will stay that way. Put arnica montana on it. Love that stuff.

Oh, and for what its worth... the following has been working for me:

1. I log everything I eat, along with calories and some nutrients (fat, protein, carbs, sodium).
2. I also log all my exercise along with the numbers from my heart rate monitor.

I have also tried to not cut my calories by any more then 200 a day per week and I have not increased my daily exercise by more then 5 minutes per week.

When I started in September of 2010 I was eating ~4500 calories a day, exercising 0 minutes per day. I am now down to <2000 calories a day and approximately 55 minutes of cardio 5 days per week. Aside from making sure I attempt to eat a low sodium diet I have not done anything with my diet except to eat less and as time has gone on I have found myself adding more veggies.

I think for me the biggest thing I do is the logging, I hate writing down when I have blown it for the day.

Michael

What do you use for logging? I'm using VidaOne Diet and Fitness for the PC and iPhone.

Well, this morning had me at 16.3% bodyfat (down from 17%), weight almost identical to four weeks ago. I've really just been following the "slow carb diet" from The Four Hour Body, but even that I've been pretty bad with due to an overactive social life :) I'm fighting a head cold now, but have been strict with the diet again the last 3 days, going to be strict with it for at least the next 30 and start doing the exercise portion once I feel I'm past the worst of the cold.

What do you use to measure your body fat?

Friday weigh in: I'm down another pound. Had three excellent workouts this week and kept my food intake where it should be.

Another small loss this week, down 0.2 lb. I did three dives and was in the gym five days last week. I feel good as to stamina and strength and my clothes are fitting good, so I am happy as long as the trend is down.

I am down 4.4 in 2011 (avg -1.1lb per wk) and down 38.0 (avg -1.7 wk) since starting my program 8/28/2010.

Have a lean week.

Excellent work out last night and today. I must not have put the nunchuck in the right position for an exercise on wii sportsactive and after numerous attmepts to fix the problem I reset the program. I had to start back at the first exercise. Really not a big deal. I just got more sweat equity! Then this morning I took the pups to the park for a good morning run.

Congrats Queen and JTinSD on the weight loss. I get weighed on Monday. This Monday is gonna be tough.. the day after the SuperBowl and my anticipation of drinking a few beers and going over my points. sigh.

Ha, I gained back the 0.2 I lost last week. I think I am on a plateau, having trouble breaking through below 212.

I did get off into some movie theater food last night, watching "Sanctum" in IMAX 3D. Very intense.

Back
Top Bottom