For Sale 2018 Argonaut Kraken, VDH Backplate + Extras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From what I've read thus far looks like it's sitting too high?
First step, go to VDH forum and read in there. I believe there is a sticky on doublehose 101.
you do want the tank as low as you can get on that back plate... perfect world is cans centered in between shoulder blades (top of can below base of divers neck).
A couple things I've found... positioning is as huge as they say at VDH. When you roll on your back, it will chipmunk your cheeks out, but won't "force an inhale".... your mouth is just the high point of the loop, but your lungs are still right near the cans. Practice clearing... It's not difficult, just a different process than a single hose. When you roll left during an exhale to clear the exhaust hose, you don't have to roll all the way over.
Bear in mind I've only used my DH a few times (2 dives, bunch of short pool sessions)... most of this is gleaned from the VDH forum.
Respectfully,
James

Like Bob said, get it as low as possible, the top band should be as close the the tank crown as possible and the backplate can probably sit a bit lower. A plate that moves it closer to his back will also help, like a VDH or freedom plate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom