22nd Nov thru 27th nov 2011--MoalBoal diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doncebu, what is the main difference from staying at Eve's or Pacifico Lodge? How far is Pacifico Lodge from Nelson's?
Sorry for the Hijack.

Doncebu, what is the main difference from staying at Eve's or Pacifico Lodge? How far is Pacifico Lodge from Nelson's?
Sorry for the Hijack.

Eve's has a swimming pool and is not sea front.
Pacifico does not have a swimming pool and is sea front.

Eve's has it's own resto and bar.
Pacifico does not have a resto or bar.

Eve's is more like a small inland resort.
Pacifico is more like an extended part a beach house.

Eve's has public parking out front.
Pacifico has private parking inside the owners gate.

I have never stayed at Eve's but I plan to stay there just so I can see how it is for myself. Pacifico does have wifi, and a small fridge and DVD player. I always try to get the room with the balcony fronting the sea. You can snorkel or do shore dives right in front.

Eve's is right next door to Nelsons ( I think Eve is the sister of Nelson, or some how family related ). Pacifico is not more than a 1- 2 minute walk to Nelsons. Everything in Panagsama Beach is so close.

Panagsama Beach where most the resorts and restos are located and does'nt really have sand. White Beach has sand and is north of Panagsama beach, you would need to take a boat or trike to get there from Panagsama Beach.

Most of the time when divers are referring to Moalboal, most likely they are referring to Panagsama Beach area since that is where most of the resorts and restos are.

Thanks for the info DonCebu, very useful.

Cheers,

DonCebu,

I see that you are from the Cebu area. Do you have any recommendations for places to stay in Cebu or Mactan? I was looking for medium price locations, clean, safe and close to some form of night life.

DonCebu,

I see that you are from the Cebu area. Do you have any recommendations for places to stay in Cebu or Mactan? I was looking for medium price locations, clean, safe and close to some form of night life.

Since I live here I may not be the right person to ask where to stay. Since I never stay anywhere other than my own house and/or condo.

Staying in Mactan is better for diving to be close to the dive spots, there is some night life but less than in you stay in Cebu City. Some of the places I seen of heard of people staying are:

Mactan
Haruhay - Closest to the Dive Jump off point but less night life with in walking distance
SDR Aprtments - Further from the Dive Jump off points but for some reason people stay there for long term accommodations
Cebu Yacht Club has rooms to stay and is close to the night life on Mactan and for food shopping.

Cebu
Kiwi Lodge - In Cebu City so it may take an hour to get to the dive jump off points.

Again thanks for the info DonCebu, very informative, I liked the look of Kiwi Lodge. do you have any recommendations for Malapascua?

Again sorry to the op for the hijack.

For malapascua contact divelink cebu. They have a website with contact information.
They can arrange transfers and resort accomodations for you depending on your budget and preferences.
They also have one of the best and luckiest dive masters (father and son)

Sent from my samsung galaxy s2 using tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom