Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bwerb

Hoser/English Translator, eh
Reaction score
As requested...

So...any thoughts on this last season of 24?

I really enjoy the writing in terms of the multiple cliffhangers every episode. I also like the use of split-screens.

I do however have to suspend my disbelief at the rather phemomenal driving times they have around LA. If it was really "24" at least 7 or 8 hours of the show would be spent stuck in traffic! Guess that wouldn't make such great TV.

What did you think?

Yes, I'm sure local LA people would agree with you.

It looks like Sherry is off the show for next year. I wish they would have knocked off President Palmer's bother with her. I don't know like him. Somthing about him just rubs me the wrong way.
And what about Tony Almeda? Is he coming back?

Natasha:
Yes, I'm sure local LA people would agree with you.
OOoooooh Yessss ! Would have turned 24 into 72 in no time.

It looks like Sherry is off the show for next year. I wish they would have knocked off President Palmer's bother with her. I don't know like him.
Somthing about him just rubs me the wrong way.
Slightly better than his wife. Really hope she stays dead.
But you're right, he's obnoxious, too.

And what about Tony Almeda? Is he coming back?
I'm sure he will in some form or other.
Did you see the look in his wife Michelle's eyes?
Her husband might just be the cause for her to become the next adversary ... .

First, I must say that I only started watching '24' maybe 6 or 7 hours ago. & that I don't have a good memory for character's names. I loved what I've watched so far and plan to continue with the next 24 hours.

That said, on Tuesday Yahoo! TV had an article on the 24 characters that were getting the pink slip. The following were listed as sure things - Tony Almeda, wife Michelle, President Palmer and Chase (or whatever the guy's name is that had his hand chopped off). They were also speculating on Sherry given the shooting and the president's brother. 'twill be interesting to see how much of the article is real.

Paula

I'm glad they got rid of Sherry. She was a terrible actress. But I liked the character played by Gina Torres (can't remember the character's name offhand). President Palmer's brother is next I imagine.

Next season may cut to a new presidency and quickly move on to a new cast to surround Kiefer Sutherland. They need better actors. They must know that because they are killing these characters off right and left.

I wonder how they'll handle the whole cutting off Chase's hand thing. He's a decent actor and I wonder if they are thinking of killing him off for some reason.

I didn't like the show as much this season as the first season. If they don't get better next season, I imagine that you'll see the show cancelled. I think it still has potential though.

They need some underwater scenes! :crafty:

Christian

I haven't seen a minute of the show. I am waiting until they get the collection on DVD, LOL. NOW, I find out that the President on that show shares my last name. :11:

Season 1 of 24 totally rocked, season 2 kept me interested for the most part except in the middle and then that totally unbelievable ending (you want to talk drive times, middle of nowhere with Nina one second, back at CTU within 3 mins in LA, no less). I haven't even had the stomach to watch the 3rd season. I don't think that the format of the show is bad, I think the writers don't have enough imagination. How did this guy go from such a nasty heroin habit to saving the world? No mention of that huh?

My wife still watches it somewhat regularly, but I'm not impressed with season 3. If you haven't seen the show at all get the season 1 DVD, just me .02 though.

You guys are pitiful, waiting with anticipation every Tuesday at 8:00 central to see what happens within the bowels of CTU...

Then again, so am I! My wife got me hooked on it...

I was pretty shocked at the whole cutting the hand off thing.. Chase took a heck of a beating for a rookie agent this year, shot, cut, beaten and tortured... I would transfer to the FBI or hell the IRS buddy!

They are starting to leave to many dangling threads in my opinion though:

Jack was addicted to smack 7 hours ago..
Jack cut the head off a federal prisoner..
and now they are talking about life in prison for Tony for treason for trying to protect his wife (who by the way appears to be one of only .01% of the population who is immune to this biological agent... I would imagine the CDC would be pretty interested in her...

I don't dwell in it to much, I enjoy the anticipation and plot twists...

Jeff:
LoL It was pretty lame that Michelle was .01% of the population that was immune to the virus. If they were going to kill her off, that would have been the perfect time.

This makes me think she will be back, in a possible lesbian relationship with Chloe. Ha! Not! (I'd like to see Chloe get the boot too)

Yeah, Chloe is one amazing character, even when she is doing something good she seems to rub you the wrong way!

I wonder if she is a great actor or an annoying person?

Some of her faces crack me up!!

It is amazing how they introduce some of these charecters, I remember saying how awful Guyell (sp?) was this fall... What a creep he seemed to be, then it turns out he was one of the most honorable characters on the show.

I was just thinking with all the trouble Kim seems to get into... Not a very good match for Chase considering his luck this last season! Imagine the trouble a child would have with them for parents, talk about accident prone!

:)

Back
Top Bottom