2nd Annual Cajun Invasion at Rainbow Reef Dive Center in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're already planning for the 3rd Annual Cajun Invasion some time next year. I know it won't be in June, because NetDoc and mselaneous have convinced us the ScubaBoard Invasion in Cozumel will be too good to miss :D

:bounce::bounce3::bounce2::bounce4:

I'm working on this year's "Cajun Invasion" movie, but supporting my mom through health issues that are keeping me pre-occupied at the moment :depressed:

In the mean time, here's a shot of the gang at the Gumbo Party :balloons: Scuba Gumbo!.jpg

What an amazing week of diving the Cajun Invasion was. Hubby and I had the time of our lives and I think I am still suffering from post-dive withdrawals and will be for a while. A HUGE Thank You to Jackie, aka, Cajun Diva, for organizing the trip. But before I go any further I must comment on Rainbow Reef. For years my dad and Jackie have talked about Rainbow Reef and the staff there and I must say they did not disappoint. Everyone was friendly, helpful, accomodating, I just can't say enough about the EXCELLENT customer service we got there. I now see why they are so loyal and continue to return every year. They are simply a phenomenal dive shop. Hubby and I being newbie divers were made to feel very comfortable and were treated like family. I am already looking forward to returning ASAP! The gumbo dinner was delicous (but I knew it would be- my dad is the bomb.com cook) and I really enjoyed meeting everyone that Jackie talks about so much. Before my first dive I joked to Jardin that during the week I wanted to see a shark, a turtle, and a ray. I am happy to report that I actually did see ALL THREE (sadly, Katharine had moved on and it was only nurse sharks, but hey- it was a shark!) To quote my husband "on our first dive, the guide made the sign for shark and I knew I was hooked on diving when I actually swam TOWARDS it instead of running for the boat." Yes- my family has two more dive addicts and I am itching to go again. If only this pesky thing called a JOB wouldn't keep getting in the way- but hey- gotta pay for these dive trips somehow! All in all- an absolutely fabulous week- a trip I will cherish in my heart forever. Thank you Dad, Thank you Jackie, and Thank You Rainbow Reef.

Yes- my family has two more dive addicts and I am itching to go again. If only this pesky thing called a JOB wouldn't keep getting in the way- but hey- gotta pay for these dive trips somehow! All in all- an absolutely fabulous week- a trip I will cherish in my heart forever. Thank you Dad, Thank you Jackie, and Thank You Rainbow R:blessing:eef.

:balloons: :balloons: :balloons:
Travel and lodging in Key Largo $$$, Booking Dive Boat and Dive Trips $$$--Experiencing the delight of scuba diving through your child's eyes--PRICELESS
:banana: :blessing: :banana: :blessing: :banana:

At last...the movie is done! I have never experienced such challenges to my level of patience before, but it was worth the effort. This was a true labor of love. This year's Cajun Invasion was special in more ways than one. We enjoyed diving with our dedicated dive buddies who have become "adopted" cajuns through the years. We can always count on them through thick and thin. We had a great time being treated like royalty by the staff at Rainbow Reef Dive Center. I had the opportunity to witness as the most incredible instructors/guides introduced our daughter and son-in-law to the wonders of the deep. They made every interaction meaningful, fun and motivational, and as a result we now have the next generation of enthusiastic, dedicated scuba addicts in the family. That's a really great feeling!

This is a long video, but it sums up some of the great times we experienced during our week of diving in Key Largo. Since I was also celebrating my 500th dive, my dive buddy confiscated the camera and actually shot some footage of ME. This is a first :D Many thanks to Pete, Elena, Phil, and TimG from ScubaBoard for sharing the gumbo with us. These are new friendships for us that we will treasure as the years go by. DJ Wood and his brother George of Rainbow Reef were also kind enough to share in the gumbo and provide the delicious chocolate chip mint homemade ice cream - yummy! Also present were Bill Findley, Platinum Course Director with Rainbow Reef and his lovely bride Bridget. I can easily see this becoming an annual party that grows and grows. Here in Cajun country, we have festivals for just about any occasion. Maybe Rainbow Reef can start throwing a Cajun Festival and the party can continue to grow :kiss2:

Hope you enjoy the movie!

very nice

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom