2nd annual Good Friday dive at Mt.Storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am looking at coming up next Sat, possibly Fri after work & stay at the mountineer.
Have not yet done an altitude dive.
Do I need to be there a certain lenth of time before the first dive?
I think my vt pro computer auto adjusts for altitude?
Not sure if I will have a buddy to bring.
Someplace there to have dinner / breakfast?
We are going to Guppy Gulch in the morning,
then maybe Bainbridge Sun?
This post brings my dives/posts ratio to 1:1, 20 each.

Dave

Dave

Quaack:
I am looking at coming up next Sat, possibly Fri after work & stay at the mountineer.
Have not yet done an altitude dive.
Do I need to be there a certain lenth of time before the first dive?
I think my vt pro computer auto adjusts for altitude?
Not sure if I will have a buddy to bring.
Someplace there to have dinner / breakfast?
We are going to Guppy Gulch in the morning,
then maybe Bainbridge Sun?
This post brings my dives/posts ratio to 1:1, 20 each.

Dave

Dave

Dave, If you come up you'll have a buddy:11doh: . I'll be at the hotel thursday and friday nights. When you get there look for a blue pontiac aztec. That'd be me!:D And yes your vt should adjust for altitude. Just do not turn it on on the way up. Wait until you get there and let the water activate it. As far as acclimating the drive up is usually ok and by the time you get set up you've been adjusting. Full acclimatization(?) to altitude is supposed to be 6 hours. Think 2 pressure groups for every 1000ft of elevation. Do you have altitude tables. If not I do and will be happy to go over them with you. Do you have your aow cert? Let me know and I'll bring my aow book and go over altitude procedures if you like. Not much difference but there are some considerations regarding safety stop depth and such. As far as grub goes we usuay do a pot luck one night but not sure about it this weekend. There is a restaurant on the way that is not bad and fairly cheap. they also make sausage sandwiches at the little deli across from the motel. the restaurant is open by 7am and closes I think around 8pm. I plan on taking some stuff with me(think KFC). there are fridges in the rooms. there is also a microwave in the office that they let you use. Any other info you need let me know. sending you a PM with my cell number.

Jim, I got your number.
Look's like just me so far.
I am going to try & get out of work around noon on Friday.(Maybe 10)
Should get me there around 1-3 or so.
Do you have a number for the mountineer?
I should call for a reservation?
I will have these tanks with me;
2 80's
1 119
1 120
Could rent more if needed.
7 mil suit or 3? Will bring both.

Dave

Dave: "Quaack"

I'm a good friend of jim Lap of cannonsburg & have been following these post & plan to be at Mt.Storm lake next saturday at the latest. You might of seen my earlier post.

I would like to plan to be their on friday eve. but with my place of work, i'm waiting to see if i get called back early this week. If not i'll probably leave around 4 pm. on friday.

I know that their is going to be a few fellow divers their from the group that i know.
If you need a buddy, don't worry for like jim said you'll have one. I'll be more than happy to dive with you.

Jim P., if you see this i'll give you a call when i find out something early this week about work. When is the best time to call you in which it won't interfere with you work shift?

Anyway i'll let it ride for now & dave the tel # for the "Mountaineer Motel" is
304 693-7631 or 304 693-7739.

Any questions please don't hesitate to let me know dave.

take care

Dave, you shoul;d have enough air with what you are bringing. i could easily get two dives out of each 80 and definitely 2-3 out of the larger tanks even going deep. sam posted the number for the mountaineer. I would definitely recommend the 7. I'm taking my 5 just for stuff and giggles but i plan on diving dry. In fact I'm going to start packing some stuff tonite due to my schedule.
Sam, I'm on dayshift this week from 7-3. Get ahold of me accordingly. BTW, have a new light coming. Got a nocturnal TL50 Extreme. Supposed to be here wednesday, so I'll have it this weekend.

I just got back from Storm yesterday (4/11). Air temps were great; water temps ~60 degrees....even at the 85' platform. Water clarity 10-12'. The stacks were not operating.

I did not stay in very long the 2nd time as I am was getting too cold(even with a 7mm 2 piece on).

:D Have fun!

Van is loaded, should roll out by noon tomorrow.
Hope to be there by about 3.

Dave

Got home about 10, stopped to fill radiator 4 or 5 times, not bad, never ran hot.
Thanks for having me along, also for retreiving my fin.

Dave

Dave, Glad you could make it! Tell your friends about it. Sorry I had to take off but duty at home called. Glad they found your fin. Hope you enjoyed diving with us. Too bad the idiots on saturday from that other bunch came in and trashed the vis. 15-20 people doing for most their first dry suit dives at once leaves alot to be desired. Anyway hope to see you again and maybe some of us'll head down your way for a dip. Thanks again for making the drive up. Jim

hey dave:

Glad to see you made it home okay. We all had a great time & enjoyed diving with you & jim.

I got home around 8;45 pm. I almost was taken for a ride by the maryland statey's.
He was eyeing me to see if i had a seatbelt on or not.
They love out of staters.

Well anyway, we'll do it again sometime.

see you around.

Sam.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom