2nd annual Good Friday dive at Mt.Storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave, did not really get a chance to actually go over there but I saw no evidence of it from my vantage point. Could not really get close to the dock area as everybody and his brother had their boats out on Saturday. Friday was really too busy with the deep stuff to even check it out and there were guys fishing off of it thursday night when I solo'd around.

I'll be in Deep Creek Area with my family and looking to sneak in a dive over the week of 12th to the 16th. Any info on shops in the area? From the post sounds like there isn't anything close. But, where *IS* the nearest shop?
I'd be willing to head over to Mt Storm for a morning or afternoon weekday dip or something in Deep Creek. Anyone interested?

During the week is tough around these parts. I would have to say that the nearest shop is at least a 2 hour drive in any direction. I'm going down this friday for the day. If you do go you need to know that there are no air fills close either.

JimLap,

Thanks for the info. I am trying to figure how badly I want to dive next week vs how much crap I need to pack in the car!!! The trick is convince the wife *she* wants to go diving :) that way I am not solo.

Tell her she would really look fantastic in her wetsuit on your vacation. They love that kind of crap! BTW tell her storm is a heated lake. temps should be in the mid to upper 70's.

Update! Dove storm yesterday and temps are already 80 degrees plus:lol: till you get below 30 ft then thay are still in the high 70's(78 to be exact)! My buddy and I decided that this was probably the last weekend for 5 mils. our next trip will be made using 3mil or the polartech for me:D . Vis was in the 10-15 ft range and sometimes better than that depending on where in the water column you are. 60-75 depth range was dark but real clear. I would estimate 20 ft vis:D with my tl50 extreme cannister light with 35 watt bulb. My buddy had a shockwave. His first comment after going to 100 ft or so when we surfaced was "that thing's(my light) a cannon:11: !:D

Back
Top Bottom