2nd day of open water check out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sashababy22

Reaction score
I made it thru day 2, I even got certified. YEAH FOR BRANDY I am really proud of getting thru, it wasn't an easy task, i suffer from panic attacks and thank god for my instructor Dave from undersea, :cheering: If it was for him I probably would have had a heart attack day 1.
Then only real problem that I had on day 2 was that my mask keep fogging up. I tried to use 30 lbs and just couldn't get down so we worked our way back up to 50. I was actually the 2nd one in the water. things went off without a hitch until we tired a little bit of navigation, got down to 20 feet and my weight belt decided it was going to play dropsea, now 50 lbs may not seem like alot, but when it helps you get down, you will certainly fly up with out if for sure. So we finally got that back on and off we went to play with the fish. the rest of the day went really well, i was more at ease and was less over excited about drowning, I did lose a fin at the end of the day, i found it and was so ever thankful that it was in the shallow end of the quarry

brandy :snorkel:

:chicken: Awesome Brandy.....! Great job overcoming so many obstacles, many others might have just quit...... Congratulations! Now lets go dive :scubadive

Vickie

Congrats on the cert :D Do some shallower dives before you get going deeper. Dive shallow till you feel confertable with everything. Last thing you want to have is a panic attack at 80 feet. Don't be afraid to tell people your experience level either. Go on a dive trip? Make sure to let who ever is the running the trip know that youre new and everything should be gravy.

Dive Safe :)

Someone needs to update their profile now! Congrats!!

jason

Good job Brandy...welcome to your new playground. Things get easier the more you dive. And what Collin said, keep your first few dives relatively shallow until your comfort level is up there.

Only question for you, 50 lbs seems like an aweful lot of weight. I'm 6 ft 275 and in full wetsuit I used 48 lbs when I first started. Now I use 38 lbs and I've only been diving a year. Once you get accustomed to things, try dropping some of that weight. It makes life much easier and the coral will thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom