2nd strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dodofish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey guys..

I am currently using a G11 with Patima casing, YS-110s x 1, sea and sea electrical cable (single).

I was thinking of investing in a second YS-110s, upgrade to sea and sea dual cable. The only concern I have is whether it's a good investment, in view it's a G11 and likely I will upgrade to smth else eg SLR in the next 1-2 years.

good investment=strobes and dual cable are future-proof with many options for housings.

Thanks!

Hey dodofish!

Hey guys..

I am currently using a G11 with Patima casing, YS-110s x 1, sea and sea electrical cable (single).

I was thinking of investing in a second YS-110s, upgrade to sea and sea dual cable. The only concern I have is whether it's a good investment, in view it's a G11 and likely I will upgrade to smth else eg SLR in the next 1-2 years.

good investment=strobes and dual cable are future-proof with many options for housings.

Thanks!

The YS-110a is definitively a good flash to go. And two of them are better, offering you more creative possibilities. The Nikonos connector is very common, so it should not be a problem in the future to get a cable in the future. And it has a slave connector where you can connect fibre optic cables. So your invest is not "sunken" :)

BR

I have a 110a and an Inon Z240. I think they are the 2 best strobes on the market today. I have used Sea n Sea for 15 years and found them to be very robust and reliable.

Flashes are never wasted it is only camera's and housings that become useless. Yet people seem to spend more time effort and money on that which is obsolete within 5 years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom