3 of the 4 DM stamina tests down...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajb

Reaction score
Was a little worried about the stamina tests. Not a spring chicken and though I'm comfortable in the water, definitely not a Phelps! 400 yd swim left to go, currently at 13 points!!! :popcorn:

jim

I think since you already have over 12 points all you need to do is complete the 400-time doesn't matter....Correct me if I'm wrong.

Tell ya, I feel old that's for sure. From what I've been told, 12 points is threshold, and completing all tests ok. So I should be able to finish ok. My kid is pushing me to swim the 400 in 10 minutes... an outside possibility. thanks for the feedback.

I think since you already have over 12 points all you need to do is complete the 400-time doesn't matter....Correct me if I'm wrong.

Depends on your instructor really. I had to get at least 3pts on everything. (Even though I already had 14pts going into the last one.)

Actually you are correct... I was thinking it was a 15 point system, sorry 'bout that. Yes, all you need to do is complete it.

That's what I was thinking. I like the backstroke just fine! :) My 12 year old swimming champ has laid down the gauntlet for ten so I have a little time to take off. When he was 'working" with me, he swam it right under six so he's getting a lot of mileage out of the old man...

Elementary backstroke. :d

I agree. Elementary backstroke is the way to do it. I'm actually doing that for my 400yd. DM swim. I timed myself with both the backstroke and elementary backstroke and the elementary wins. Lots of power+no flailing arms that splash water in my face when I'm huffing and puffing=decent time. :D

Back
Top Bottom