308 meters in a cave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Standard revolver, one round in the cylinder.

That’s not even remotely accurate.

More like 4 rounds in the cylinder

I have no idea but since he's French and dives below 200m my guess is that he's diving a double Joki. :)
French+below 200m+double Joki = Xavier Méniscus
French+below 200m+double Liberty= Frédérick Swierczynski
Bloody French :) :)

@JMBL Do you know if Font Estramar is open again or only with a permit?
As far as I know (I've never dived there and I have been away from cave diving for 6 years now), you still need a special permit, rarely granted as I understand,, but divers tend to visit the spot at night, without too much of a fuss... Well, that's the rumor at least.

As far as I know (I've never dived there and I have been away from cave diving for 6 years now), you still need a special permit, rarely granted as I understand,, but divers tend to visit the spot at night, without too much of a fuss... Well, that's the rumor at least.
Yes it is a bit of hide-and-seek with the "gendarmerie" :)

It would be little ironic if he had permission to do a record dive. Didn't they close FE specifically because they didn't want people to do deep dives there?
IIRC the Finnish as well as the Belgiun guy had their accidents (well) below 200m right before they closed the cave.
Yes it is a bit of hide-and-seek with the "gendarmerie" :)
I heard the guys form the fish farm arcoss the highway will call the cops when they see you. I would like to go but I don't wanna piss off the locals. I also don't know how much the fine is and if they can confiscate you're gear... some places in Spain will do that... at least that's what I've heard.

Any reports or detailed posts yet about the dive? (not from local newspapers).

To the best of my knowledge nothing detailed yet. Try FFESSM plongée souterraine on Facebook.

Here, fresh from the sea, so to speak. Published yesterday, the most detailed account I could find, and in English.

Maybe its age, but all I can see are the risks, both to him and his family and friends, I just dont see any benefit for a technical diver risking their life to look at wet rocks at 308M.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom