308 meters in a cave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe its age, but all I can see are the risks, both to him and his family and friends, I just dont see any benefit for a technical diver risking their life to look at wet rocks at 308M.

Because they want too.

Interesting statement that he trained to increase his ventilation. Gas density was ~9.3 g/L at the bottom. Not uncommon back in the day for some on OC (equivalent to 206 fsw / 63 msw on air), but certainly more difficult on a rebreather.
above all, do not allow yourself to be drawn into the effort zone
No kidding.

Detailed indeed! Thanks for sharing this.
No sweat, I'm not the author of the article. Relaying it was no bother at all, just in the spirit of the forum I guess : sharing

Maybe its age, but all I can see are the risks, both to him and his family and friends, I just dont see any benefit for a technical diver risking their life to look at wet rocks at 308M.

No judgment on my part, and I must admit I share part of your feelings about the whole story, but underwater galleries can be REALLY fascinating, and this one surely is and the call of the deep is something real too.

It being this record. On the same site, Xavier Méniscus went to 1024 feet.

Just an announce with few details.

I hope the competitive aspect between the two divers won't lead them to take more risks than needed. Those are already numerous enough.

A few weeks after 308M by Frederic Swierczynski, Xavier Meniscus went down to 312M...in the same cave...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom