35MM to Digital...Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corky

Reaction score
I would like to make the jump from 35mm to digital. Want to purchase something that I can grow in to. What about the Olympus SP-350 and PT-030??? Any advise would be greatly welcome. Thanks in advance.
Cokry

Corky -

LarryC has the Oly 350 and is getting to know it quite well. Have look around the forum for more information on it and also on other choices by Fuji (810 & 900), Canon (A or S series)...there have been quite a few members buying new camera gear for the diving season so there is lots of info out there right now.

Once you've had a look around, ask more questions as they come up and we'll try to help!

I made the leap at the end of last year and shot my first "all digital" trip in Belize this past March. I went with Olympus and and Ikelite housing/DS 125 strobe.

I had been shooting with a Nikonos since 1988 and was able to translate most of my experience to the digital world.

Regardless of what brand/model you choose my advice to you is that you spend hours working with your new set-up on land before taking it underwater. Amazing how "programmed" we all get and the hardest thing to learn was the location of all the new controls.

'Slogger

Back
Top Bottom