40%

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd dare him to take a 19 cu ft. bottle of whippets (n2o) down to 130' and hit that. At least he'll die laughing. Dude, I bet thats the biggest hit at 130'. Hmmmm....

Actually I believe this. Some people don't understand the danger. Just a few months ago I was out with a guy in his boat and he got a nice anchor stuck in a wreck on our last dive of the day. He was so involved with a fish that he forgot to free the anchor before he surfaced low on air. We were in 155'. The only tank we had left was a half full bottle of EAN45 that we whipped our ponies on. He figured he'd use that to drop down and free the anchor and said it mater of factly as he grabbed the tank from the rack. I asked him if I could have his boat and he looked at me kinda funny. Then I told him he need to do a refresher course on his Nitrox and that there was no way he was killing himself for an anchor on my watch! That was all that needed to be said.

inletsurf:
I'd dare him to take a 19 cu ft. bottle of whippets (n2o) down to 130' and hit that. At least he'll die laughing. Dude, I bet thats the biggest hit at 130'. Hmmmm....

Back
Top Bottom