50+ Dives and Scubaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phoenix31tt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I've finally crossed 50 dives and filled my first log book (the one you get with certification). I know it's a small milestone but a milestone non-the-less.
Diving is is amazing and I wish I could do it more often, I'm eagerly looking forward to the next 50 and the hundreds following that.

I also want to say thanks to all the Scubaboard members who contributed to my learning and growing experience as a Scuba diver (directly or indirectly), alot of questions were asked and answered and they all contributed to my advancement as a diver.
From start to now I've undergone a major transformation, moving from traditional to hog configuration, flutter to frog (and back kick), from just checking gauges to actual gas planning and management, the list goes on. Needless to say that list may not have existed if it weren't for the contributions made on this forum.

So basically what I'm trying to say is, thank you guys for helping to create excellent divers!!

Congratulations!! Now don't forget to update the dive count under your avatar... :)

Congrats! I just hit the same milestone a few weeks ago myself.

Congratulations a well. I remember 50 as a big milestone. A number of those dives were in classes, which gave me a lot more confidence. I have courses with two shops, each with what I think had (have) outstanding instructors. As much as I've learned from them, I can't say enough for Scubaboard. Yes, there are a few irritation participants, but the vast amount of information you pick up from the experienced is invaluable. I was particularly helped a lot on the Going Pro forum when I was doing the DM course. I'm retired, so I spend a lot of time on SB. There is almost always something on here that's at least somewhat interesting--as opposed to all the other forums that have "last post 3 months ago". I do mention SB to fellow divers and students.

Congratulations! 50 is a big deal and you should be proud of your progress. You know, I feel the same way about ScubaBoard. I've learned so much about diving....especially safety, equipment, travel, etc. I racked my brain to figure out how I could've learned as much as I have by some other means. Classes, articles, more diving (diving in AZ isn't wonderful!), and decided that ScubaBoard has really been the avenue I've used the most to become more educated diver. With that being said I felt the need to give back to SB so I recently became a Supporting member. For the amount I had to pay, it was peanuts compared to the knowledge I've gained. And even better yet, I've met some darn nice people on the Board!

Keep up the diving and enjoy the next 50+!

Back
Top Bottom