$50 Harbor Freight hookah system testing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well of course after i posted, I did find a parts explosion to the Campbell Hausfeld DC040500 model (which @DanaHunt thought was Diaphragm), and it is most definitely a Piston pump, and NOT a Diaphragm pump, if anyone is curious. Surely the Kobalt is the same concept. I guess that means that even the professional models are as well. Looks like I will now search for a very good filter, and perform a long run-in process on whichever compressor I end up choosing.

https://www.campbellhausfeld.com/files/attachments/390/DC040500-manual.pdf.pdf

upload_2019-12-6_14-41-26.png

Any actual confirmed diaphragm compressors on the shelf that can do 6+ cfm @ 120psi?

Does anybody know what happened to the OP, @Ben Diver ? His last post on this thread was July ‘18 and he last checked SB on Sept. ‘18, yet he was going to post more information and results from using his DIY system.

Does anybody know what happened to the OP, @Ben Diver ? His last post on this thread was July ‘18 and he last checked SB on Sept. ‘18, yet he was going to post more information and results from using his DIY system.
I think he posted the results starting here:
and added 3 or 4 posts of more detail. He got an air test that looked good, dived it, posted a report, posted a video of two people using it simultaneously.

I think he posted the results starting here:
and added 3 or 4 posts of more detail. He got an air test that looked good, dived it, posted a report, posted a video of two people using it simultaneously.
Yes, i saw the pool test, but not results for use in ocean, scallop diving, boat work, long term maintenance etc. would have been interesting to hear about.

Can I ask a Hookah question you guys seem knowledgeable can a gast vaccum pump be used for hookah. Just tell me if this is a dumb question I happened to find a new one for 100 bucks

Specs below

1-1/2 HP Separate Drive Vacuum Pump; Inlet Size: 3/4" NPT, Outlet Size: 3/4" NPT

Item # 4Z470

Mfr. Model # 2567-V108

Catalog Page # 2578

UNSPSC # 40151502

Technical Specs

ItemSeparate Drive Vacuum Pump

HP1-1/2

Compressor TypeRotary Vane

Hz60

Inlet Size3/4" NPT

Outlet Size3/4" NPT

Free Air CFM @ 0 PSI21

Free Air CFM @ 10 PSI17.9

Max. Vacuum26.5" Hg

Free Air CFM @ 0 In. Hg21

Free Air CFM @ 10 In. Hg13

Free Air CFM @ 20 In. Hg1.1

Overall Length11.48"

Overall Width18"

Overall Height13.23"

HousingCast Iron

DesignOil-less

Motor Mounting56C

StandardsCSA

IncludesCoupling and Coupling Guard

Product Details

Ideal for general continuous-duty vacuum and low-pressure applications. Included coupling and coupling guard allow you to mount pump directly to 56C frame motors.

• Permanently lubricated and sealed bearings
• Self-adjusting, self-lubricating vanes

roversync

10 psi would only get air down to 23 feet at no pressure or flow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom